Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What are you having for dinner tonight? >
  • What are you having for dinner tonight?

• What are you having for dinner tonight?

Old 11-20-2013, 08:12 AM

I am having pork chops with peppers and onions. I brown the p&o's push aside then brown chops on each side. When browned I put p&o's on chops add a little water and simmer till evening. Since it is just the 2 of us I use the small canned potatoes which is more then enough for us. I cook them a little longer to soften then season and lightly brown in some olive oil and add a vege. I have been cooking for 49 years and get tired of it after a while. This seems like such a big task. I like casseroles because I always have leftover. I put them in freezer then when I have enough for a week I just pull them out each day. DH is easy to please I just have to remember he isn't a real fan of pasta.
    Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 AM

Shepard's pie with bread or drop biscuits.
    Old 11-20-2013, 09:21 AM

Pot roast with potatoes & carrots.
    Old 11-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Jan, I am now convinced you're as good a cook as you are a quilter! I throw together something vaguely similar, but I'm more likely to just stack the ingredients on a tortilla and zap it in the microwave until the cheese melts. That's about as much trouble as I do for myself when DH isn't home to share it. I have no idea what we're having tonight, but we're going out because it's DH's birthday.

When I need inspiration for meal planning, this site sometimes helps: http://www.whatsfordinner.net/ And Allrecipes.com has an ingredients search option where you can plug in what you have around the house and it will come up with recipes that have those items. The problem I have with the sites that have rated recipes is that if a recipe has 5 stars from lots of people, it's the literal kiss of death. That means it will be high in fat, sugar and/or salt - guaranteed! It can still be a starting point for deciding what I can make in a healthier version.
    Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 PM
    Power Poster

my dh is a meat man and i'm not. he's have a marinated London broil on the grill w/ French fries and onion rings. i'll probably have pasta. I usually cook two different things 2-3 nights a week. he's so fussy, only eats about 6-7 things, so we go out on weekends, I run out of things to feed him.
    I don't mind going out by myself. I used to do it all the time. never brought a book or nothing. I love people watching
    Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 PM

Roasted Leg of Lamb which we love.
    Old 11-20-2013, 01:13 PM

Homemade pizza
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:08 PM

We're having breakfast for supper tonight -- bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast. I like to cook up a bunch of food once every week or so -- then freeze meals into portions for 2. That way the meals are home cooked but I don't have to cook every night. I don't like to eat the same thing night after night so this works well. If bake a chicken, we have a good old fashioned chicken dinner one night, hot chicken sandwiches another, chicken pot pie and cold chicken sandwiches. I also take one day a week and bake. This morning I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies then gave them to my daugher's family -- they are happlily munching as we speak.
    Old 11-20-2013, 04:23 PM

Wow, you guys are making me hungry...thinkin' about chicken tacos tonight. Usually, it's Monday night tacos but skipped it earlier this week so we'll have 'em tonight
    Old 11-21-2013, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by jacie
    I need a new meat loaf recipe, hubb's mother made the best, but I never got her recipe. please send some ok?
    Here's some previously posted ones. http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...r-t231036.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes...f-t202723.html