Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What is your favorite sandwich? >
  • What is your favorite sandwich?

• What is your favorite sandwich?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
    Power Poster

I made a sandwich for lunch and thought this is one of my favorite sandwiches but I don't make it very often. It was two slices of wheat bread toasted with Miracle Whip and then I melt swiss cheese on either shaved ham or slices of chopped ham. Yummmm I love it!

I think my all time favorite number one sandwich is my own beefburgers. Cooked crumbled hamburger and mushroom soup mixed. Then a hamb bun with ketchup(and I have to cover every inch! LOL My dad used to point out any spot I missed - his way of teasing me) and then my homemade Aristocrat pickles(sweet) and onion slices. It is the best!!! No cheese on this one. I do like cheese on a cheeseburger but not my beefburgers.

So what is your favorite sandwich???
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:31 PM

A quilt sandwich: a FINISHED top, layered with a COORDINATING back, and a SMOOTH batting!
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by quilting cat
    A quilt sandwich: a FINISHED top, layered with a COORDINATING back, and a SMOOTH batting!
    Can't beat that one! :lol: My favourite edible sandwich is roast pork with sage and onion stuffing. Yummy.
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
    Power Poster

LOL not what I meant but I bet there are a lot of takers for your sort of sandwich!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I made a sandwich for lunch and thought this is one of my favorite sandwiches but I don't make it very often. It was two slices of wheat bread toasted with Miracle Whip and then I melt swiss cheese on either shaved ham or slices of chopped ham. Yummmm I love it!

I think my all time favorite number one sandwich is my own beefburgers. Cooked crumbled hamburger and mushroom soup mixed. Then a hamb bun with ketchup(and I have to cover every inch! LOL My dad used to point out any spot I missed - his way of teasing me) and then my homemade Aristocrat pickles(sweet) and onion slices. It is the best!!! No cheese on this one. I do like cheese on a cheeseburger but not my beefburgers.

My favorite would have to be a tuna salad sandwich. I use the solid pack tuna in water, drain the water into the dogs dishes, add 1 chopped dill pickle slice, some chopped celery, light mayo and put it on toasted white bread with lots of lettuce, and a side of potato chips. I am ready to go get one right now. I also like grilled cheese on marble rye bread with a dill pickle slice and chips on the side.
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Can't beat that one! :lol: My favourite edible sandwich is roast pork with sage and onion stuffing. Yummy.
    Do you put anything on the bread for condiments?
    Old 02-21-2011, 03:35 PM

grilled cheese with lettuce and tomato in it.
    Oops! I forgot about my all time favorite: vegesteak sandwich from Oasis Cafe in Riverside CA. They make their own vegesteaks!
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Originally Posted by Rhonda

My favorite would have to be a tuna salad sandwich. I use the solid pack tuna in water, drain the water into the dogs dishes, add 1 chopped dill pickle slice, some chopped celery, light mayo and put it on toasted white bread with lots of lettuce, and a side of potato chips. I am ready to go get one right now. I also like grilled cheese on marble rye bread with a dill pickle slice and chips on the side.
    I'm not a dill person. But I love tuna! I make it with my own Aristocrat sweet pickles and mayo and most of the time eat it on saltines or club crackers. I like tuna just about any way you make it except with dill pickles. I order it in some of the sandwich joints around here. Love tuna!!

Reuben....I never make them but always order when I go out for lunch. Yum, yum.

Mine is surely the BLT....lots of B