Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What is your home decor?  Country, modern, retro... >
  • What is your home decor? Country, modern, retro...

• What is your home decor? Country, modern, retro...

Old 09-12-2013, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin
    An eclectic mix. Refurbished and renovated. DH is quite talented in making new and making it look antique-like. He made a curio hutch from an old dresser. Glass on 2 sides Glass doors, glass shelves with mirrored back. When the least little bit of light hits it, it lights up the whole room. Made our kitchen table and refurbished the chairs to go with it. We like casters on our chairs for easier mobility. The bottom is from the bottom of task chairs with the hydraulic lift. I'm short so it makes it easier to sit at the table like an adult. Body of chair is from set of oak chairs we got on sale and they match the solid oak table top we found at home store. Had to replace bottom of chair about 8 months ago for total of $30.
    I would love to see pictures of his creations sounds so interesting and creative.
    Old 09-12-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    [h=2]What is your home decor? Country, modern, retro...

MESS!!
    (at least right now. )[/h]
    Jan in VA
    I can really relate to that one!
    Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 AM

Chaos accentuated with dog hair More space would be nice but I'd probably fill just fill it up too. Four rescue beagles - three are fosters - just add to the mix. Since it's just me and my dogs, I figure anyone who can't handle it doesn't need to visit. Sigh - it would be nice to have a space in which to sort my stuff Joyce
    Old 09-12-2013, 08:46 AM

Traditional w/Victorian overtones. Had an 1870's Queen Anne Victorian. Loved it. When we built 12 years ago, we took ideas from it. Lots of cherry cabinets, floors, and cherry finished fancy trim (modeled after the trim in the county courthouse). FR fireplace w/cherry columned overmantle. Cabinet maker made corbels for under the mantle. Have added antique sewing machines, vintage ironing boards, lots and lots of quilts to the decor.
    Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM

My house is a mixture of Ethan Allen's Early American Country and Western & Country. I even have a set of Bull Horns in my bedroom!!!!
    Old 09-12-2013, 10:54 AM

Traditional with some very special family antiques here and there. Neutral color walls, except for my sewing studio which is Butter Yellow. I just love that room. . I love reading the other comments.

Judy in Phx, Az.
    Old 09-12-2013, 11:05 AM

Sue Fish, Your house looks like a doll house...Only had to stand on my head to get the angle right
    Our decor on the inside is "Early Dump" mostly because it was us or the dump I've painted, reupholstered, DH is wonderful at making things so it all is comfortable and works ok for us..
    Love to be able to go to the store and redo but probably it will never happen so..I just paint flowers on black or put new fabric on, or even just cover it with a sheet until I get it to look better style? I guess it's mine?! some old, some not quite so old, some should probably go to the dump
    Old 09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by AlaskaAlice
    Sue Fish, Your house looks like a doll house...Only had to stand on my head to get the angle right
    Our decor on the inside is "Early Dump" mostly because it was us or the dump I've painted, reupholstered, DH is wonderful at making things so it all is comfortable and works ok for us..
    Love to be able to go to the store and redo but probably it will never happen so..I just paint flowers on black or put new fabric on, or even just cover it with a sheet until I get it to look better style? I guess it's mine?! some old, some not quite so old, some should probably go to the dump
    Fuuny it comes out upside down sometimes when i send pics from my ipad...figure we all get a little exercise by standing on our heads to see it that way...
    Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM

My style is family arts, my quilts, the kids' paintings, dear friend's pottery.
    Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM

Traditional. There are lots of Queen Anne legs here and pediments. Most wood is cherry including the cabinetry.