Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What was/is your occupation >
  • What was/is your occupation

• What was/is your occupation

Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 PM

Stay-at-home-Mom. Have been: pet groomer assistant, waitress, house keeper, nurse assistant and school teacher. Also occupied with trying to get DH to vacation.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Losts of nurses here

I'm a full time postmaster
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:57 PM

Worked for the school district for 25 yrs as a classroom aide, computer lab teacher, and finally as an attendance records secretary. Retired 4 years ago and love it. Miss the people, not the job. Husband retired a year ago and now we are both stress free 8-)
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM

Elementary school music teacher for 34 years now. Also private piano teacher. Like having about 15 private students, but my husband took an early retirement so took everyone off my wait list and now have 22 piano students. I know we need the money, but what was I thinking?
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 PM

Unemployed- Looking for work. Would be great to find something legit to do from home and survive but can't find anything. Have been DTV/NRTC Satellite Dept Supervisor, Admin Ast. Senior living, Office Manager small trucking company, also manufacturing, vending food processing, fabric store manager(that was the best!) What a variety. My husband and i also have a handyman service. and of course Long-Arm Quilting.
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 PM

Retired autoworker, worked full time while raising beef cattle, red veal and white veal, we also had 1500 to 2000 rabbits depending on the baby bunnies. We also raised sheep and hogs very briefly. Since retiring my DH decided we want to operate a horse riding and boarding stable. I decided I would rather be quilting so that is what I do.
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 PM

I started out at 16 in a 5 and 10 store, then a loan rep at a finace co, then at a bank and then started doing the good ole tax return in 1965 and I am still doing them. The tax returns are just like sewing. the 5 and dime and the finance co are both gone and the bank had changed from a locally owned bank to new style of banks. I want the locally owned bank. Everything is right there. I thought quilting would be boring, even though my grandmother did it and I remember sitting under the quilting frame while the ladies quilted. Then I got lost in quilting, I love the material, just love looking at it--hate cuting up but then I finally do and I really enjoy hand work. I just lose myself in it, no one else is around.
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:16 PM

Retired now but was a child protective investigator, investigating reports of child abuse/neglect.
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM

I'm a legal administrative assistant. I have worked in the legal field since 1975, and at my current job for 21 years. I hope to retire in 2 years. Looking forward to having more time to quilt!
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 PM

Program Manager for the Department of the Navy ... started as a computer operator; went back to school for my degree, then became a programmer, moved to System Engineering and now Program Management. Love supporting the men and women of the U.S. Navy - hate the politics!