Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What is in your purse right now? >
  • What is in your purse right now?

• What is in your purse right now?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Thats the smart way. What is really funny is I also don't use my purse anymore it just sits over there on the end table collecting dust lol. I put my cell phone in one side of my bra and my little coin purse in the other side and I'm ready to go too. Hubby says that I am just like an old lady except that I don't shove kleenex in there. LOL
    I say that I've finally realized my heritage when I do that! Just like my grandmothers did before me... I try to keep as little as possible in my purse though don't always succeed. Especially because my dear husband can't remember to bring his reading glasses with him, he felt I should store an extra set for him in the purse. I have wallet, sunglasses in their case, pens, one lipstick, one lip gloss, dental floss, toothpicks in a case, my business cards in their case, extra car key, emery boards, mini flashlight (again, for DH in restaurants), hair elastic, and a bottle of feverfew tincture (in case of migraine). In the outside pockets, i have a brown bag for when I go mushroom shopping, extra plastic bags for dog walking, and a couple of tissues. In the other pocket, I have my subway metrocard and photographs. hmm..sounds like I have too much!
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM

I would have to say I have the "kitchen sink" in my purse!
    Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM

Among the usual things like the wallet, credit card holder and checkbook....mine holds a vast amount of necessary papers like instruction sheets for quilt projects so I won't forgot how much yardage to purchase. Then there photos of my family and the most precious is a handwritten letter from my daughter telling me how much she loves and appreciates me. I won't go anywhere without it.
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 AM

Only the essentials of course! Let's see:

Wallet, keys, sunglasses, eyeglasses, lotion, contacts case, eye drops, hand sanitizer, lip balm, lip gloss, bluetooth, iPod, pocketknife, 2 ink pens, inhaler, nail clippers, keychain with 4 flashdrives, pocket calendar, checkbook, backup tape, bottle of ibuprofen, 5 bobbins for my "new" Singer 15-91, 2 packs of gum, 1 protein bar, small flashlight, 2 packets of Crystal Light, credit card& bank statements, paycheck, various other envelopes of ???, last weeks grocery list, and last but not least & most important of all - a gift certificate to my LQS!

Geeesh and I wonder why my purse is so heavy!!
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Since this is a public forum, I will refrain from listing all the contents. I will note that I do have a very powerful chemical protection spray. Luckily I've had it out only once (walking from work to the local train station after dark).
    Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM

Humm.....I have a wallet with the usual CC, health card, Debit...etc. exactly $1 and a bunch of coins. (sad really), IPOD shuffle, mints, keys, pay stub, business cards, medicine, and a lip gloss (never used), deck of cards, Joann's coupon, and a practice fabric origami I got from Guild meeting. Thats what I carry during the work week.

On the weekends...its bank card, drivers license and cell phone in one pocket and keys in the other and off I go.
    Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Like most on here wallet with Health Card, Debit Card, photos of kids and grandkids, coupons, 5 pens (now I know where they all are), lip balm, check book, medication card, epipen, store cards (kohls, price choppers, borders, safeway, Albertsons), swiss army knife, baby aspirin, big key chain (I have no idea what all the keys are for)and when my husband is with me his wallet.
    Its a small purse but things always tend to end up on the bottom of it.
    Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Mostly JoAnn's coupons.
    Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 PM

In mine is wallet, credit/debit cards,checkbook,sandwich bag full of crayons,bandaids,Joann's flyer,grocery list,3 lists of yardage for quilts I plan on making(sure I will),2 pens 1 doesn't write but is so cute. There is also a novel for while I wait for the kids to get out of school.Oh, here's the go fish game we were looking for, it's good for waiting in restaurants. Assorted old reciepts from stores and a small binder of index cards. No wonder this thing is so heavy.
    Old 03-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Five checkbooks, wallet, notebook with everything that is important to me written in it, glasses, DH's glasses, pill box with 5 kinds of OTC meds in case someone needs them, comb, tweezers and mirror (see pluck topic), lip balm, hand cream, floss, folding toothbrush and mini toothpaste, and so much more. Probably a thimble or two as well.