Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What's The Most Money You Found in One Day? >
  • What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

• What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

Old 02-22-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    We have a rule in the house, that any money left in the pockets on laundry day is mine.
    I struck it rich one day when I found a $100.00 bill in my husband's pants pocket. Ever since then I usually find nothing bigger than a $5 and some change and an occasional bolt or socket.
    Oh Yah!! same rule here!!

I also find money when I put on a coat I haven't worn for a while. I hate purses and usually buy coats and jackets with zippered pockets so I just fill them up! However stuff does get left behind
    Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM

My grandfather used to roll lose change but saved the dimes. He had a small change purse, the leather kind that twists shut, that he kept them in. After he passed my mother put his change purse among her "special" things. For the next year my aunt would "find" dimes (never other coins) in the oddest places. One day while she was at my mom's she mentioned that she had not found any dimes in quite a while. Mom retrieved the change purse and told her that whe had been meaning to give it to her for a while because of the "dime collecting " she had been doing, just like their dad.
    My Aunt called her the next day with an odd incident... the dimes she had saved were exactly the same count as the dimes in the change purse and when added together the total was the numerical match to her wedding date.
    She has not "found" another dime since the day my mom gave her their father's change purse, 9 years ago.
    They consider the dimes their father's treasure gift to them.
    Old 02-22-2010, 06:36 PM
    Banned

I think the most I found was maybe $20 and it was laying on the floor in a Sears store.

But the best thing I found was a 1920's Model T Ford Coupe that was at a bottom of a ravine. It took me and 3 friends and a weekend to take it apart and drag it up to the road and throw it on a trailer.

Billy
    Old 02-22-2010, 07:35 PM

I stopped at the local bank machine early one Saturday morning and there was $60 in the tray. My first thought was "oh no, I can't use the machine" but then set the money on the counter until I was finished. Nobody came in, nobody around outside. I went back to the bank when it was open and reported the money but after a week they told me to keep it.

But, I gave my son a $50 bill one time and he lost it so overall, I'm about even!

I work in a school and pick up all the pennies (sometimes nickels). If a kid asks me for money, I count out pennies!
    Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 PM
    Banned

Now this isnt really money as such but one time I went to the gas station to put some gas in my car and at the time all I had on me was $5 which back then I could tear the roads up for the weekend on $5. Well out of habit after I turned the pump off I pull the handle again and it took off pumping again!! :shock:

I ended up filling the Hot Rod up for 5 bucks. After that I went back to my G/F's house got her car, her moms car, and her dads truck and filled everyone of them up for $15 total. Then I called a few friends up and after the station closed they filled all of their cars up for free.

Now before you guys start flaming me on this on I was only 16 or 17 at the time and I know better now.

In fact I am almost too honest for my own good now but thats just how I am.

Billy
    Old 02-22-2010, 08:15 PM

I found a bank envelope with money in it, about a month ago at our local Dollar General Store. My Grandkids and I had gone in to get some things, when I pulled the cart out, I looked down on the floor and saw the envelope. I thought it was empty, then I picked it up and saw a whole bunch of money in it. On the outside of the envelope was written $330.00, I don't know if that is what was in it or not, I didn't count it. I ask to see the manager and told him what I found. We looked in it but there wasn't a name in it, there was a paper from a money order, so he was going to try to find out who it belonged to the next day. I haven't talked to the manager to see if he found the owner or not. I hope so, I am sure that whoever lost it probably needed it to pay bills, if I had lost it, I would need it to pay my bills.
    Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 PM

My son found $40 in the bleachers after a special olympics event one time. We told someone who was with the people who were sitting there, and indeed someone had lost it. Or so they claim. They never even bothered to thank my son for turning it over to them. So much for teaching the kid the right thing to do.
    Old 02-22-2010, 08:23 PM

DragonflyNana, that is the coolest story!

Lostn51, yours, too! Who finds a Model T?
    Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 AM

Back before Europe converted over to Euro's, I was in London, walking along touring the sites. A woman who'd just passed me called out, saying that I'd dropped a pound. I turned around, looked at my butt, and said "thank you, God!" We both had a good laugh.
    Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
    Back before Europe converted over to Euro's, I was in London, walking along touring the sites. A woman who'd just passed me called out, saying that I'd dropped a pound. I turned around, looked at my butt, and said "thank you, God!" We both had a good laugh.
    That's cute. :)