Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What's The Most Money You Found in One Day? >
  • What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

• What's The Most Money You Found in One Day?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:08 PM

While I was living in Indiana my hubby was laid off an we were on food stamps an my son was drawing a ssi checkbecause he was born with two holes in his heart.I had went to grocery store an it was a cold windy Friday night
    I found I think it was a hundred dollars flying around on the ground.It paid for lights,an gas that month.
    also found $20.00 when i was a kid
    Old 03-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

A little over a year ago I found 3 twenty dollar bills on the ground when I opened my car door in a Wal-Mart parking lot. There was no one around, it was raining and the money was sopping wet. At first I thought "fabric money!!" But then I quickly came to my senses and realized I could not keep it but not being able to find who it was for I helped a friends daughter who needed groceries at the time. Other than that I once found a $20.00 bill on a table full of kids clothes at a department store that I was looking thru. I have found check books in shopping carts twice, what I did with those was to return it to the bank the checks were from.
    Old 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM

hey i forgot one that I found one day at work i was a cashier at K-mart in INdiana well it was full of credit cards an the ladies drivers liscence well on the way home I stopped at post office an got one of them soft sided envelopes an got the address off of her drivers licesce an sent it to the address.An it wasn't two days after that.That I got a thank you card in the mail.SHe had no idea were she lost it.But she was sure glad I mailed it back to her with everything intact.