Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What's the temperature where you're at? >
  • What's the temperature where you're at?

• What's the temperature where you're at?

Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 AM

It's 7:34 AM and it's raining pitchforks, kittens and puppies out there. The temperature is 52 degrees. Yesterday it was a gorgeous sunshiny warm day with temps almost 80 degrees. Someone from the South talked about humidity. Here we don't have humidity so summer temps of 100 + are bearable where in humid country 75 degrees is stangling heat. We lived in Memphis years ago and I never knew what humidity was until our time in Memphis. ...I feel sorry for all of you who live in humid country. Both DH and I suffered from heat rash all summer and it was the only time in my life where I took a shower and got LESS WET in that shower than I did trying to make dinner in the gripping heat/humidity of a hot Memphis day! LOVED the people in Memphis but seeing Memphis in our review mirror was pure JOY when we left there on the hottest August day that I've ever experienced. :roll: That's my story and I'm stickin to it!
    Old 05-02-2009, 07:23 AM
    Power Poster

Hi, it's 11:20 am here in the middle of North Carolina and 70, but later will be in the 80's, too hot for menopausal me, so will hide in air conditioning . Have been sleeping with it on all week! DH says it snows in our bedroom in the Summer . :lol: :lol:

Where is our month of 60 and 70 weather? Not ready for the heat and the humidity.

Ninnie
    Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM

Currently 55F at 11:00 PM here in Camas, WA.

patchythepirate, are you close to me? About the rain, it still rains too much for me! LOL I am a snow person and except for this year, we never get enough for me.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 AM

It is 6:45 am and 62 degrees, should be close to 80 degrees today.

We will be in Alaska the end of the month, wondering what the temp will be there. Bought some cuddl duds just in case.

Have a great day.
    Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 PM

Hi Celeste! Yes, we do get some snow in the winter and if it's a good winter, we get about 6 to 8 inches at our house here and there. It is not usually a constant snow but we've been known to be "stuck" in the house for a few days. We are known to have an ice sheet over the snow from time to time and that is when we really don't want to be out on the roads just because it is so dangerous. I LOVE a good snow day when I don't even have to get out of my pajamas and can sit by the fire all day.

In the summer, it averages around 82 degrees. It's actually really nice out but still a bit warm for me. If it's going to be over 85, I figure I'm going to "suffer" that day and make sure to crank the A/C! I think I was a duck in my past life :D
    Old 05-05-2009, 07:20 PM

kd124, I do live by you, in Battle Ground, WA. Howdy Neighbor! My house is about 30 or so miles Camas. Our house is at 1400 feet so we can have snow at our house but you won't have a single flake. Any time you have snow down there, we most definitely have snow up here and usually more.

Are you from CA too? Sorry you haven't quite found a love for the rain yet. You are certainly not alone in your sentiment as many of my friends here get tired of the rain. I am rare amongst my friends in that I could care less if summer ever comes. 74 is the perfect temp for me. Warm enough to get out and about without roasting or getting a sunburn. One thing that bummed me out about living in CA was that when you want to go to one of the great festivals in the summer (Garlic Fest, Strawberry Fest, etc... it would most likely be 90 to 100 degrees outside and I would just feel sick all day.

At any rate, hang in there because summer is almost here and one thing I am sure of is that our summers in the Pacific NW are so green, beautiful, and mild that CA doesn't have anything on us at least for the months of June, July, and August!
    Old 05-16-2009, 10:47 PM

OK, it's 11:45pm and 75 degrees. It got pretty HOT, about 94 today, and should be about 91 tomorrow. Monday says it should be 80, then down to 76.

Isn't it funny how much cooler 78 degrees sounds when it's been MUCH higher than that?
    Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 AM

Yesterday it got up to about 92 here and was gorgeous and nice. Today it's suppose to be warmer yet. Hey, I think our summer if going to come after all.
    Old 05-17-2009, 07:07 AM

Thinking about building a fire here today!! Rainy and cool, even cold in southern Maine today!
    Old 05-17-2009, 12:31 PM

100 degrees at 1:30-ish. It's supposed to be up to 104 this afternoon. We'll cool down into the upper 90s by end of week.