Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what's the worst thing you did... >
  • what's the worst thing you did...

• what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM

I was a good girl,never broke curfew or anything. But one day, my BFF and I decided to hitchhike to Springfield IL (over 100 miles away)and back. We were sophomores in high school back in the mid-70's......
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM

I'm still a teenager, but haven't done anything crazy. The only thing I can think of is when I went on a double date with a friend and he kissed me before we left. Rather because my friend wouldn't let him leave until he did and I needed to get home. I've somehow been able to keep this from my parents for 6 months, we're not dating, but my dad would have kicked his a** all the way to the moon and back as my friend had convinced my dad he was a very nice young man and wouldn't try anything "funny". my dad is very protective of me
    Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 AM

i feel i was a square....no drugs, did drink underage, once or twice, yea smoked in the girls room,
    but all and all, I think I am a square!
    Old 09-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
    i feel i was a square....no drugs, did drink underage, once or twice, yea smoked in the girls room,
    but all and all, I think I am a square!
    Square is good...you don't need squaring up then!!! :thumbup:
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Most of the time I was pretty good about following the rules until I started dating and I'd lie to mom about going to the movies in town but go to the drive in with other friends. That worked until the night I came home and mom was tapping her foot at the top of the stairs - movie projector broke in town so she wanted to know where I disappeared to. Never seen her that mad before never broke the rules after that. I grew up in one of those towns where everyone knew each other and if you did something wrong your parents knew before you got home. funny how I miss those days now
    Old 09-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Are you kidding? I wanted to skip lunch at school with friends. I went to the pay phone and called and asked Mother if it was ok. She said no.
    She knows everything I did.
    After about age 19 or 20 I quit telling/asking her everything!!
    Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 PM

I didn't do anything really bad, but I did get my belly button pierced when I was 16.. with my Grandmother there. :) Nana didn't tell my mom till I was 20 - and even she told my mom to "lighten up, she'll take it out if she wants, I let her do it." :)

It's still in and I'm 28. It stayed in all during my pregnancy too.
    Old 09-13-2011, 04:55 PM

[quote=mrs. fitz]Here's one my parents knew about. Sorry to be gross - when I was about 4 I shoved modeling clay up my nose. The reason - I wanted to see what would happen. What happened was I couldn't breathe.
    -----------------------------------------
    I'll tell one about my 50 year old school teacher daughter when she was 7 years old. She also decided to shove a bean up her nose simply because she was getting dressed to go to school, had no other place to put it and never mentioned it to me. Don't know how long she had it in there. Monday came and she complained a little but not much and by Wed her nose was swelling. So back to the ER we went and the doctor had to remove the already sprouting bean. The same doctor who had checked her for a broken rib...I was worried about being arrested for child abuse!! But little Chatty Cathy type DD gushed at him telling him all about how mad she was that she couldn't fly when she jumped off the kitchen table, even though she had pinned on a towel just like Superman's cape.... DD lives in fear that I'll go to her school room and open my big mouth and tell her kids about her misspent childhood!
    Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
    Kas

Originally Posted by gspsplease
    I hated school at age 8-9 so was very good at faking illness to stay home (both my parents worked) and watch the mid-day movie. I would put a finger down my throat to vomit, rub a thermometer on the sheet to raise the temperature, rub talcum powder on my face so I looked pale etc. After a genuine bout of flu I wasn't looking forward to returning to school, so started late at night saying that I had a stomache ache. Eventually my parents called our doctor, who said I had appendicitis and raced me off to hospital, where I was operated on the next day. I never said a word about it being a great con (since I was happy about a few weeks off school) and 50 years later neither of my parents know the truth!
    I'm sure the dr. was too scared to tell them he removed a healthy appendix!
    Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo
    Originally Posted by kuseta
    my mom's on this board, so I can't say LOL

sneaking out at night with friends, but she probably knows about that.
    Yes I do. I coulda killed you. What else did you do? It's too late for me to punish you now

:lol:
    Oops, someone is in trouble! :oops: