Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what's the worst thing you did... >
  • what's the worst thing you did...

• what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-09-2011, 12:04 PM

I came from a very strict home and was very rebelious. I would go to school1/2 hour early so I could put on my makeup as I wasnt allowed to wear any. I stole a record just because I wanted to prove I was like the other bad kids. I was a waitress got off work at 8 but I would claime I had to work a party and would go out with boys and back to restaurant at 10 or so to be picked up by mom. of course my mom had to meet everyone I dated brought one boy home whom she thought was real nice so everytime I was allowed to date I always claimed it was with him and he was allowed to pick me up at work and on weekends was allowed to stay out tell midnight as long as I was with him. Wasnt allowed to go tothe show or dances so was very creative about making things up about where I was going, Believe me I wasn't so strict with my kids
    Old 09-09-2011, 12:05 PM

When I was about 16 or 17 I smoked pot. That was in the early 70's. Thinking back to those days I could still be in prison if I had been arrested. Now days I have a medical marijuana license and have no desire to get high. Why I got the license I have no idea. I guess just because I could. If my mom was still alive I wouldn't of wrote this. For me the worst thing in the world is to make my mom upset. Love your mom while you have them.
    Old 09-09-2011, 12:34 PM

Won't tell specifics but I was pretty wild well into adulthood. My friends (?) were the kind you read about, and we were all lucky to survive some of our escapades. I am straight arrow now and wonder "what was I thinking". I never caused anyone any harm and wouldn't even now, but I did have a lot of fun.
    Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM

I had my first drinks....I was 14 or 15.....my parents smelled the Kamikazes on me when I got home. PS. A Kamikaze is a lethal blend of 80% vodka, 15% lemon juice and 5% Triple Sec (over ice) that tastes a lot like Sprite. Easy for teenagers to drink lots and lots of.....haven't wanted one since! I don't think I ever did anything they didn't know about; I was scared of them as they were into severe corporal punishment which these days would probably be called child abuse.
    Old 09-09-2011, 02:15 PM

I went "skinny Dippiin'" with a bunch of friends in a canal out in the country. I was in High School.
    Once when I was about 12, a girlfriend and I ditched a bible class at church and went window shopping. Boy did my Grandma give me a whoopin' when I got home.....
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
    I fear the things I did shouldn't be posted here lol, Just a wild teen.... I really don't regreat any of it though, compared to today it all seems pretty tame.
    Same story here!
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

skinny dipping in the local lake with "our gang". and; my dad used to give my 2 brothers and me our money for the collection plate, drop us off at the front of St. Mary's and we would count to 25 and walk out the side door and go to Isaly's down the street for ice cream.
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Hmmm... We were VERY daring! One neighbor always had Christmas lights strung by repeating color sequence - red, green, yellow, blue, white, - you get the picture. My best friend and I would sneak over to their one story house with a small step ladder and change the colors all around.

We also routinely took our principal's aluminum webbed lawn furniture and hung it on his clotheslines.

Gotta watch out for those trouble making mid-western girls!!
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM

I hit a parked car in the garage while doing one of my nursing clinicals. It was 10pm and as I backed out, I hit the car. I did not stop. The next day my dad asked what happened and I told him I did not know. I just confessed this just last yr to him. That was 35 yrs ago.
    Old 09-09-2011, 03:36 PM

Skipping church to go check out the hot "boys" in the next town. Finding them, then not knowing what to do!!