Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate? >
  • What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

• What's the WORST thing you've EVER ate?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:48 AM

cardoon or eel.
    Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    I love the smell of coffee..but can't stand to drink it. But, Mcdonalds has a really good Mocha Frappe...to die for.
    Had one of those recently so now I try to avoid passing any McDonalds as I would be having one or two every day. I like to eat it rather than drink it. It rates #2 for me, a close second to Sonic's strawberry milkshake. Glad Sonic is many miles away from me or I'd be there everyday for a milkshake. Maybe that's what makes it so desirable. Might do a little research, eat or drink one of each of them everyday to see if I get tired of them. Probalby won't work and I'll gain tons of pounds, LOL! May in Jersey
    Old 06-27-2010, 08:24 AM

Lebanese bologna
    Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 AM

Fish candy in Taiwan summer of 2008. I loved all the food...except that.
    Old 06-27-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by JKMom
    I can't stand the smell of coffee -- and people say "I wish it tasted as good as it smells". Yikes! When I was pregnant, couldn't even be around coffee.

It is so bad, that if someone in Sunday School comes and sits next to me and they have a cup of coffee, I have to move!
    I haven't been pregnant in 17 years & the smell Of coffee still makes me squisey. Have never liked the taste or smell. Gross. Know what else is totally gross. Had a boy friend one time that gave me a 5 lb box of Pangburns Chocolates for Valentine's Day. There was some coffee ones in there & i picked thru & gave alll them to my mama. Goose liver & pickle loaf. Don't know if they have it anywhere else but Texas. It's sandwich meat. The goose liver is a funny color of pink & is totally encased in this white looking fat stuff. Pickle loaf is some weird funky meat with pickles & olives studded in it. My dad always liked it. Green olives are another thing that totally gross me out. Can take a few black ones on pizza or Italian macaroni salad.
    Old 06-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Vegetable soup!!! Just the smell gags me. We had to eat what was put before us as kids. Mom used to reheat the soup several times as it took me forever to eat it. No microwaves then. The day came when she refused to heat it. It was made with deer meat--cold soup, deer tallow need I say more. I got sick and Dad announced that I didn't have to eat vegetable soup anymore.

I also hate caviar and pate and can't imagine escargo---I wouldn't do well "hob nobbing with the rich"!!
    Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 PM

I can handle the pie!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 06-27-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by kd124
    Vegetable soup!!! Just the smell gags me. We had to eat what was put before us as kids. Mom used to reheat the soup several times as it took me forever to eat it. No microwaves then. The day came when she refused to heat it. It was made with deer meat--cold soup, deer tallow need I say more. I got sick and Dad announced that I didn't have to eat vegetable soup anymore.

I also hate caviar and pate and can't imagine escargo---I wouldn't do well "hob nobbing with the rich"!!
    I can handle home made but the can stuff reminds me of barff. Guess cause I threw it up a few times.
    Old 06-27-2010, 03:39 PM

My mother-in-law's cooking. Never figured out how they survived.
    Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    There is Asian fruit that smells like rotten onions and taste like it to. I get the shivers just thinking about it.
    Durian. I never had the courage to try it.
    We saw some sugar wafers with durian as the filling. Others seemed to be buying them up so we thought we would try them. They were awful! Nothing like those pink, chocolate, and vanilla ones we ate as kids.
    Once I bought several small peanut butter cups at a convenience store. I popped one in my mouth and put the others in my lap. I got ready to drive off and there were little bugs crawling on my lap! Yep, they were in the peanut butter cups! That was pretty awful!