What's your claim to fame?

Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 AM

Going back to our seats after the intermisson of a New York play featuring Valerie Harper my friends told me that Mary Tyler Moore had been standing right next to me. No I didn't see her because I was too busy looking around the lobby to see if there were any famous people there. LOL!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
mim

I had tea with the Lord High Mayor and his Lady Mayoress at the castle in Shrewsbury England. Lest I get too high and mighty about it -- it is an elected ooffice. His chain of office was fascinating, tho. A square medalion for each important occasion over the years.

BTW -- the sandwiches were tiny crustless butttered bread with cucumber slices. Exactly the way Queen Elizabeth ordered when she came for a ceremony.

Nice tourist draw. engraved invitation and all

Mim
Old 07-03-2011, 10:32 AM

My brother in law is best friend of John Ashcroft former attorney general of USA. They went to school together.
And also my sister lives close to Brad Pitt's parents.
Two of my daughters went to high school at the same time when Brad Pitt did in Springfield, Mo.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:56 AM

I painted a portrait of Don Williams (country singer), went to one of his concerts, met him backstage and he signed the painting. And took pics with me. Have all his albums and till a fan. Still have the painting also. That was fun..
Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM

No real claim to fame but I have bumped into it once or twice.
Many years ago, I talked with Danny Kaye while he was buying hotdogs at the opening game of what was the farm team for the Seattle Mariners. The stadium was right across the street in Bellingham WA. from the apartment I lived in as a kid.
I got to meet and give Neal McCoy a hug. Love that mans music.
Sarah Evans used to be a waitress at the local truck stop where my husband and I used to eat when we were dating and she waited on us several times. Of course at the time she was just our waitress Sarah. LOL
I got a mouthed thank you from Marty Stewart when he and some of his crew came into Los Dos Amigos for lunch while appearing at the Oregon Jamboree in Sweet Home. My son said go get his autograph, I said no the man was trying to have lunch so let him eat. He heard me say it, smiled and mouthed thank you from a couple tables away. A couple other ladys had approached him. Believe me that was hard to do i'm a fan.

This year im going to try and wrangle a meet and greet with Blake Shelton who is appearing at the country music festival I volunteer at. :mrgreen:
Old 07-03-2011, 11:34 AM

I'm a child of the King!!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by joyce blint
DOUBLE WOW!
I don't have any big wows or even double wows. I've never met anybody famous. My greatest source of pride is that I'm a late bloomer & graduated from college the first time at 32 then again at 42 to become an RN. My life's dream. My family was so proud of me & had sacrificed so much for me that my life is just fine. Raised good kids. Was married 50 yrs. before losing hubby. Can't ask for much more than that.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:39 PM

You are too funny!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
I ate at a McDonalds once!
You are too funny was meant for Quilting Jaguar.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:45 PM

I am one of the 'extras' in the movie "Unforgetable" with Kim Catrall, and Ray Liotta in 1996, my DD shared and elevator ride with Ron White, other DD was in one of the "Wrestlemania" videos.