When buying a kit -

Old 07-20-2017, 04:46 PM

I just opened two kits I had purchased a few years ago. 1 was missing fabric and pattern pieces did not match the instructions. Both kits "said use your 'favorite method' to do various steps. I find this frustrating. I have stopped on both kits because I "don't have a favorite technique." I don't know how.... I bought a third kit to learn how to applique--suppose to have everything - no applique needle, says to buy matching colored thread to match each applique piece. I have stopped that kit also. Not happy with kits.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:33 PM

I've bought several kits over the years & have never had any problems with them. I do check them when I get them just in case there is a problem. If you wait to long to report something wrong, the matching fabric may not still be available & that could be a problem. I really like kits from Connecting Threads. They always give ample fabric & good instructions. Their customer service is Awesome!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-21-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: remove shouting
Old 07-21-2017, 07:17 AM
dms

I have learned my lesson the hard way, as I was shorted some fabric and had to order a half yard of each of the fabrics they miss cut. It turned out to be a more expensive kit because of that. Even when I told them about it, they did nothing to compensate. I like their fabric and have ordered from them since, but my opinion of them has taken a nose dive. For 1 yard of fabric, they could have had a happy customer.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

I haven't bought a kit in a long long time but when I did I opened it right away b/c i was excited!!!