Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • When my kids were little........... >
  • When my kids were little...........

• When my kids were little...........

Old 06-24-2010, 09:45 PM
    Power Poster

I thought I was being so smart and keeping my kids busy to boot. I told them I would give them a nickle for every branch they picked up in the yard. They came in with a box full of branches and they said they had x amt of branches. I paid them and then I looked closer at the branches!! They had broken up all the branches and claimed 5 cents for all the little pieces!! Teach me to look first!!
    Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 AM

Many years ago I received a puppy for Christmas, Dickens. I was potty training a boy and dog. Oh what fun!!! Son was fine with #1, but #2 had problems. Well one day I was working in the kitchen and son and puppy were outside playing in yard. All of a sudden there comes a knock to the side door. Here's my sweetie stating "Mommy, mommy I went poopoo!" Boy he was proud and I was confused. I had to ask, "You went poopoo in your pants?" His little face was beaming!!! "Oh no mommy, I went poopoo in the woods just like Dickens!" :lol: :lol: Such a proud moment!!
    Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 AM

Taking my DGS to emergy at 3years old and haveing him tell the doctors and nures that he was OK Over and over again.
    Old 06-25-2010, 03:21 AM

I have a cute story about my brother and I.
    I don`t remember how old we were but had been talking about miracles at home.
    My brother said I will show you one! Parents couldn`t figure this one out.He showed me an "AMERICAN" who was visiting across the street.

Also when daughter was little told her not to answer the door as it could be a stranger!
    Was taking a shower and phone was ringing off the hook. I yelled answer the phone and she said it could be a stranger!
    Fun readind all these.
    Gale
    Old 06-25-2010, 04:01 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Anyone like basketti and bameat baws. My little mans name is Elijah but he tells others it is ewijah, you should see the looks I get. Poor thing can't say his L's. When Dd was little she had cronic ear infections and couldn't hear well. She had a language that only we understood. Water was yown, all of a sudden I can't remember the others.
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:35 AM

I get my DGD off to school in the morning as her mom leaves before her. One day I noticed she kept putting her hands down her pants and wiggling a little. Finally I asked her if her panties were too tight as she had been growing lately. She says "No grammy but come here I have a secret" She drags me into the bathroom and pulls down her pants and then her panties and shows me her panties and beaming says "Look grammy I have panty pockets!".The gusset in her panties wasn't sewn and well you know it could make a pretty good pocket. I bit my lip and fought back the laughter and said that was pretty cool but let's not put anything in that pocket to take to school. I had visions of the school calling us about those pockets for days.
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 AM

One time when I sent my daughter down to the basement to get something she came back up with it, put it on the table and said "I'm not the only one that has to do everything around here."

And my son once said "I'll burn that bridge when I get to it."

So needless to say, those are things that we say in our family all the time now. My kids are now grown and have kids of their own and we still get a laugh when we say them! LOL
    Old 06-25-2010, 07:04 AM
    Power Poster

Be careful what you say to your kids or it may come back to haunt you! I always said to my kids It could be worse! when things didn't go their way or I would say You'll live!

when I found out I had to have surgery 10 yrs ago and I had never even been in the hosp except to have my kids- I was walking down the hosp corrider upset and my 6 foot son was following behind me going It could be worse Mom!! Grrr I really didn't want to hear that right now! LOL LOL I wanted sympathy not bucking up!! LOL Not much fun having my own words thrown back at me!! LOL LOL
    Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM

I always had my kids take a nap in the afternoon. When they got old enough they wouldn't sleep but I still thought it was good for a hour of quiet time. My son would lie half in and half out of his doorway on the floor and eventually fall asleep there. I have a picture of him snoring away. My daughter would play with her little ponies (remember those?) and wouldn't want to come out after quiet time was over!!
    Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 AM

Children can come up with the cutest things to say. One of mine favorite thing to eat a Mickey D's was I want a hamburglar, frutfries and a mooshake. He still orders that, but in better English.