Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • When my kids were little........... >
  • When my kids were little...........

• When my kids were little...........

Old 06-25-2010, 11:34 AM

shortly after bringing my oldest daughter home, i was changing her diaper. As soon as i pulled the wet 1 off,
    my son looked up at me terrified and said "mommy, it wasnt done, take it back so she can grow a peepee"

and i could have sworn my 2nd daughter (13 now) was going to be a stripper lol.. whenever there was music playing..she would stand in front of our entertainment center in her panties... pull them up full wedgie style, and shake her butt watching her butts reflection in the glass door lol

had to wean her from nursing when she screamed at me in Burger King "I want my titty NOW!!!!"

will have to wait to report on the youngest 2 daughters.. they are 8 and 5, and right now are in trouble, so nothing seems cute right now lol
    Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That was a cute story about the peepee. You reminded me of when my oldest son was about 4 saw me step out of the shower and he screamed an ran across the house yelling daddy, mommy's weewee is gone it fell off. His sister older sister of 5 had to explain the difference between boys and girls because DH and I couldn't stop laughing.
    Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    That was a cute story about the peepee. You reminded me of when my oldest son was about 4 saw me step out of the shower and he screamed an ran across the house yelling daddy, mommy's weewee is gone it fell off. His sister older sister of 5 had to explain the difference between boys and girls because DH and I couldn't stop laughing.
    lol....your poor baby!
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:42 PM

When my son was about 3-4 he told me that when I grew up I'd have a peepee like him and Daddy! LOL
    Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by aorlflood
    When my son was about 3-4 he told me that when I grew up I'd have a peepee like him and Daddy! LOL
    Oh my gosh, you gotta love the little boys. So funny!!!
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    My 3 boys used to get sent to their rooms for being naughty.
    Well, they got in the habit of writing me notes on how sorry they were, then made the notes into paper airplanes and flew them down the stairs. I saved every single one :)
    I have a walk in closet. On my husband's side on his shelves are some "I'm sorry" notes that our daughter wrote to him when she was very young. I didn't even know that he had kept them or that she had written them until I came across them not too long ago. She will be 28 in August.
    Old 06-26-2010, 08:26 AM

When my younger son was between 2 & 3 yrs of age, I wondered if he was going to make it to his teen years. One day I was washing dishes & I hear him calling for me to come outside. I look up and he is on top of the wooden swing set walking across the top beam telling me "Don't try this at home...I'm a trained professional". I could not breathe until he made it across. Another time I had been out of town for business & when I returned we were eating dinner & he had some drainage from his nose & there seemed to be something "hanging". He gave a big sniff & pushed it back up. Trip to the ER & it was a huge rock. It had been there for at least 5 days. He was strapped to the papoose board so they could remove it, & when it was time to leave, he actually thanked the doctor. The doctor kept the rock in a container on his desk for the next 20 years. This same son fell while walking on a brick border & cut his face just below his eye on a weed. That's right, a dry, brittle stick weed. If it had been just 1mm over, it would have been his eye. I had the Pediatrician's & ER's numbers on speed dial. There are lots more stories!!!! Thank goodness the doctors know me or I would have been investigated. He is still my adrenaline junkie....professional hockey player & Border Patrol Agent.
    Old 06-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Many years ago, my baby brother asked me "Where does the dark live during the day?" He was about 4 years old.
    Old 06-26-2010, 01:04 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayCee
    Many years ago, my baby brother asked me "Where does the dark live during the day?" He was about 4 years old.
    That reminds me of my DGS Joey. My furnace is just a few feet from where my work table is. He was 18 mos and asked me Where do the colors go? I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. Then later on I figured it out. When the furnace would kick in you could see the flames inside through the vent. The flames would start out yellow then turn blue red and purple and when it died the colors would go away. He wanted to know where they go! He is now almost 12 and to this day he still stops and watches the flames come up and then die away.
    Old 06-26-2010, 01:14 PM

Ryan 2 1/2, If dad was parking the car, and you could be marking with a pen, then when it was twilight outside it was "darking".

Ryan age 3, shopping cart passenger in Wal-Mart, shouting out to anyone who would look his way, "I am JUST like my daddy! We both have worms!" How were those horrified people supposed to know that he and daddy had gone digging worms for a fishing trip later that day!?

Ryan, age 4, Mother's Day programme at church, all the other kiddies are singing, "I'm glad that you're my Mom.I'm glad that you're my Mom. You walk with me and talk with me, I'm glad that you're my Mom." And his voice is heard above all the other's, "I'm glad that you're my DOG!"

Ryan, age 4 1/2, just starting school and was confidently telling all the other kids and their parents at an orientation session, "I've got it knocked! The teacher is my aunt. I won't have to do any work!"

Ryan, Grade 2... "There's something really neat about being smart. We were voting today to name the class pet. None of the kids at my table can spell like me. They all liked Scotty for a name and asked me how to spell it. I told them, S-C-A-M-P-E-R because that's the name I liked and I won!"

He is a marine biologist today and a candidate for his master's in Marine Biology, but he sure gave us some great chuckles as a little boy.