Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • when you say don't worry im insured  your not unless its your car.. >
  • when you say don't worry im insured your not unless its your car..

• when you say don't worry im insured your not unless its your car..

Old 02-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Okay, thanks.
    Old 02-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Another reason to be careful who you let drive your car - Before I met DH, he and his brother were in a civil lawsuit. DH had let his brother borrow his truck and hit a pedestrian. Both were sued by the family because BIL was driving and DH owned the truck.

I guess I knew it was the cars that are insured because I give the insurance company the VIN#, etc., for my car.
    Old 02-09-2010, 08:25 AM
    Power Poster

I don't drive anyone's car or truck. It is a mute point for me. We have to have proof of insurance in this area to renew our plates and have to carry uninsured mototists and underinsured insurance ???? Seems if everyone has to have insurance we wouldn't have to pay for others. Seems there is always a way out for some people. Underinsured here is for people who don't carry enough inurance, nothing to do if you owe for vehicle or not. We don't. We carry the maximum amount for everything concerning vehicle insurance, I'm sure all insurance coverage is up to each area and each State and what they want people to have.
    Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 AM

Since we're discussing insurance... I had my agent add contents of my car to my premium. Just in case I ever get into an accident with my sewing machine in the car. Then another carrier told me that I didn't need to do that, it would be covered under my homeowner's policy. I'm still not sure which is correct. I want it covered, but dont' want to make 2 separate claims. I hate insurance... until I need it.
    Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 AM
    Power Poster

It's amazing how many find out after the fact they aren't covered. Did you know if you have a working fireplace/insert and do not have a certified chimney sweep check it out every year and you have a chimney fire your insurance will not cover the damages? And if they do you will be dropped? or have triple the rates. It's called owner's neglect. Check with you insurance agent about what falls under owner's neglect. You will be surprised. Then give him Double H_ll for not telling you up front.
    Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 AM
    Power Poster

yes i should check on this. my son and his family is coming for a visit in June. i want to know if he's covered to drive my car!
    Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
    Power Poster

My agent said that my car insurance covers my car and anyone that is driving it, also if I am driving another car my car insirance covers that car also. So it is my understanding that my car insurance covers me and any car I drive and my car and anyone that drives my car. Maybe it depends on the state and regulations :? I know when my van was wrecked my home owners covered the contents . Insurance is so confusing :roll: