Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA? >
  • When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA?

• When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:01 PM

I see him everyday!!!
    Old 11-23-2010, 03:06 PM

My husband gets such looks from little kids. It is too cute, one minute they are screaming bloody murder because they can't get a toy or a piece of candy. Then they see my husband and it's like.....I am being good......LOL or...Wow, Hi Santa!

One day two little girls about 8 years old were sitting on a bench, we walk by and one turns to the other and says...look their is Santa and his wife.
    Old 11-23-2010, 03:27 PM

I have several adult nieces and nephews. When they were younger everyone got together on Christmas Eve evening at Grandma's house. One niece always had to leave to go to her father's. She was probably around 10 at the time and told everyone that there was no Santa. We all tried to convince her otherwise but she wouldn't listen. While she was gone my ex donned the Santa suit a friend of ours had loaned him (so he could go visit her children) and paid a visit to our niece at her father's. He came back laughing and said she was in awe and never could "figure it out".

Diannia
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:56 PM

I was about 8 and we were eating supper and I heard Jingle Bells, and the next morning there were all kinds of homemade candies,cakes and presents under the tree. I can't remember what the presents were. But we never found out where all the stuff came from.
    Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM

My MOM use to tell us this story.
    She had 7 siblings and Grampa wanted them to
    believe. So before the kids got up he would
    scatter fruit (apples & oranges & some times
    candy canes) on the lawn and jingle some bells
    and run back to bed to see how long it took
    them to see the fruit that Santa dropped when
    the sled was taking off.
    I love this story and my Grampa was the GREATEST. J J
    Old 11-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Because we lived in the tropics Santa had to come through a window. How he squeezed through glass louvres I'll never know, but I swore I had seen him. I can still remember wriggling my feet around to hear cellophane crackling and feel a weight on my feet and knowing that he had left a pillowslip full of goodies on the end of my bed. And my parents, bless them, were always so surprised and thrilled at what I had received as I pulled things out very very early in the morning. Of course we always left out a glass of milk and some cake for Santa and carrots for the reindeer and there were always crumbs on the plate and an empty milky glass and nibbled carrots next morning. My children did the same and at Easter they left a nest and carrots for the Easter bunny - it was around that time I went right off raw carrots! With a new generation in our family started this year I am looking forward to it all again soon.
    Old 11-25-2010, 01:30 PM

We never saw the "real" Santa but when my youngest was about 4, I happened to go outside on Christmas morning and looked at the roof. There in a path leading right to the chimney were perfect "raindeer" footprints. To this day I have no idea how they got up there in the snow but it sure made one little boy happy that year.
    Old 11-25-2010, 02:52 PM
    Power Poster

If you don't believe in Santa.......You get underwear for christmas. I read that somewhere.
    Old 11-25-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    If you don't believe in Santa.......You get underwear for christmas. I read that somewhere.
    LOL
    Old 11-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by cosyquilter
    Yep. In 1955, things were pretty bad at our house. My Dad had broken his back so he could no longer work in Landscaping, and had not found anything in state. Mom was expecting her 11th child. In those days, welfare was for single mothers, unemployment was too little, no food stamps were available, and there was nothing to be expected for Christmas. Dad had healed pretty well, and had taken a job out of state, expecting us to join him when he could find a house. Just about bedtime, a knock came, and there was Santa! Even in good years, Christmas was pretty sparse for us with 10 children, but here was Santa wih a HUGE bag. There was Christmas dinner, cold weather gear for each in the perfect sizes, several toys apiece. The thing I remember most was a beautiful doll just for me, and a sweet little bed, complete with a quilt, sheets and a pillow. (Maybe that's when the quilting bug bit me!. Mom was totally mystified. Each of us was given just the right present, and no one ever admitted who it was. It had to be the real Santa!
    How wonderful, I got tears in my eyes just thinking of how your Mom must have felt to see the kindness given to her family. It really was the real Santa, I am sure. That was a true Christmas Spirit story...Blessings