Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA? >
  • When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA?

• When you were a child did you ever see the REAL SANTA?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:27 PM

Isn't it wonderful that our parents and grandparents wanted us to have that magic! I just get goosebumps. We actually have a whisker from Santas beard saved on a sugar cookie in my china closet. Our DGS that we raised was about 3 and found it on the plate of cookies. We also had 2 cats and 2 dogs, but it was definately belonging to Santa...I love it...I will save it forever . And when I see Santa somewhere unexpected I just get such a warm feeling and want to hug him. We had wonderful parents to instill that in us. Can you imagine if parents would go to such lengths now and instill our morals, values and faith the way our parents did? There are parents who do, but so many who don't.
    Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 AM

My 8 year old son was questioning whether or not Santa was real. One evening I placed a handwritten letter (with a neighbor's help) from Santa in the door, knocked loudly and called him from his bedroom to answer the door. About the time he realized it was a letter from Santa, he looked up into the sky, saw lights from an airplane passing overhead and exclaimed, "Look! There he goes!" Today, almost 30 years later, he still expects Santa to come see him.
    Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 PM

Every year on Christmas Eve we have a family gathering and Santa stops in to say Hi to all the grand kids. We have been doing this 28 years. One year when my now 22 year old GS was 5 they were driving back home after seeing Santa at Meme’s and Pop’s house which was about a 45 mile drive. My GS looked up into the dark sky and started shouting there’s Santa there’s Santa.. My DD said GS was so excited because he could see Rudolph's red noise flashing and just knew it was Santa flying in the sky. … Flashing airplane lights …..But to a little boy it was Santa

1st grandchild 27 years on santa's lap
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]135828[/ATTACH]

Ashley Loves Santa
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]135829[/ATTACH]

# 13 grandchild not sure about santa
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]135830[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-135823.jpe   attachment-135824.jpe   attachment-135825.jpe  
    Old 11-29-2010, 01:02 PM

Not only as a child did I see the real Santa (or so my mind tells me), but as an adult, I've seen him 3 times. Amazing guy.

If you ever get the opportunity to read "Red Ranger Came Calling" by Berkely Breathed, do so. It's an incredible story about a little boy and Santa. It's a picture book, takes minutes to read, but leaves a lasting impression.