Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Who has had Gastric Bypass or Lap Band Surgery? >
  • Who has had Gastric Bypass or Lap Band Surgery?

• Who has had Gastric Bypass or Lap Band Surgery?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM

I think it takes someone that has struggled with weight loss to understand why people do what they do. After phen-phen I don't understand why anyone would choose drugs to do it but there it goes back to what people have to endure or think they can afford to do. I try not to judge rather you are thick or thin. I have friends who are heavy and happy and healthy and then I have some aren't too. You have to be happy for yourself and make the decisions for your body and life for yourself and no one else.
    Old 06-20-2011, 01:11 PM

God bless u all! My bf had bypass and was very sick at first! She's lost the weight but like a lot Of ppl she has problems with her vitamin issues!
    Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM

Hope she keeps doing well. I had a friend who had the gastric bypass surgery and had every thing go wrong that could. A year later, she died of the infection she got from the hospital when she had the surgery.
    Old 06-21-2011, 04:55 AM

I count my blessings all the time. My surgery went really well. But I found out years later that the doctor that did mine lost his license at all of the local area hospitals due to the bad surgeries he had done. He seemed like such a family man;even had cookouts at his house for all of his bypass surgeries patients. I could have been on of those who had alot of problems; one girl had to have her un-done and it's worse and more critical than having it done; she came close to dieing. After I found out he lost his license I got a good checkup; the whole gi series just to make sure. I think he got so into the money. He didn't tell me some of the known issues until after the surgery which upset me. He even did my 2 hernia surgeries and since I was on the table he did my tummy tuck with the 2nd one and didn't charge me any additional money. I make sure I tell people the truth about what I went/going thru so that if they decide to do it they know what's up.