Who is up for a yard sale?

Old 10-09-2023, 04:13 AM

thanks for the update!
Old 10-10-2023, 01:53 PM

I did once about 10 years ago. The money I made wasn't near enough to make up for the time and effort it took to have the sale. I just donate my items now.
Old 10-10-2023, 07:02 PM

I'm glad it went well. I like the idea of pricing by table. $1, $2, $5
Old 11-02-2023, 07:37 AM

I'm an avid yard saler! In Iowa, everyone had garage sales. In Wisconsin, most people call them rummage sales. Unless you're cleaning out an entire house, then they're estate sales. Yard sales isn't a commonly used term here.

I love going to sales and could talk for hours about the wonderful things I've bought over the years. Or I could give a tour of my house and just show you. LOL

I throw one of my own every few years. I did them more often when the kids were little and I had clothes and toys to get rid of. I had a big one a couple years ago when i retired from homeschooling and sold off all my no longer needed curriculum and books and such. I think I made $800.

They're a ton of work but if you get into a good groove with marking and setting up, they're definitely profitable. And it's fun to chat with the people who come to buy your crap. LOL
Old 11-05-2023, 07:58 AM

I worked too hard getting ready and cleaning up. There were other sales in the neighborhood so attendance was pretty good and my stuff was marked to sell but at the end of the day, I had $100+ to show for it. My cousin brought her deceased aunts clothes (name brand, just like new) and it was untouched even when we displayed it nicely.

Now when my “rummage box” is full, I drop it off at a resale shop that supports a private school. They ask if I want a receipt but I say “no thanks, I don’t itemize my taxes”. So much easier to donate.
Old 11-19-2023, 07:07 AM

We've had a few in our day, how tiring they were. Organizing, setting up everything, trying to set everything out for display so that all was easily accessible and readily viewable, and then there was the cleanup at the end of the day, only to revisit and repeat the same organizing and setting out of everything the following morning.

But when it comes to visiting other people's garbage/yard sales, I'm in! Love it!