Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Who watches Sons of Anarchy >
  • Who watches Sons of Anarchy

• Who watches Sons of Anarchy

Old 09-03-2010, 09:59 AM

btw Half-Sack was killed on the season finale.
    Old 09-03-2010, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    I love the show but I must have missed the episode about halfsack? what happened to him? And I agree the show is not representative of all bikers but definelty of some.
    He was killed by the Irish guy who kidnapped Jax's son. He died trying to save Tara and Abel.
    I think I missed the last episode of last season. I'll get caught up on tuesday though.
    Old 09-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Hubby and I TiVo it and make it our quality time after the lil one goes to bed.. I LOVE that show !!!!
    Old 09-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
    my husband does..those darn bikers! lol

i am a fan of ron pearlman..he was "hell boy"
    And he was the Beast in "Beauty and the Beast." That was a unique show, but they started running out of story ideas towards the end so it wasn't as enjoyable as it was in the beginning.
    Old 09-04-2010, 08:01 AM

SOA!! Love It! My husband and I are hooked on this show. We are no where near the biker loving lifestyle. The intrigue and excellent writing of this show will bring you back week after week. Last seasons finale had me on the edge of my seat. :thumbup:
    Old 09-04-2010, 11:13 AM

We watch it - DVR! Anxiously awaiting the start of the new season.
    Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 PM

My friend and I both love to watch it. Sometimes it's a litte hard to watch, like the scene where Katy got attacked, but I can't wait for it to come back on!!!
    Old 09-04-2010, 12:39 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with the show. I think it is very well done and great acting. It is interesting to see into a lifestyle I will never experience, thankfully. What I don't like is how it seems to glorify that sort of lifestyle. Maybe not, glorify, but ya know, make it seem ok?

I have watched several episodes of a another program on History or one of those channels, I forget exactly, but they do a whole hour about different biker gangs. They go in and talk to the guys and their woman, and seem much more accurate then SofA. And wow, they can be a scary bunch of people, though I am sure not all are.

My husband was friends with several Hells Angels when he worked in San Jose. He rode a BMW motorcycle and they called him 007, LOL. He said they were nice guys, but he would never cross one. He said they would kill you in a heart beat and never think twice. He used to ride with several sometimes, on his commute, but they could not keep up, LOL.

I had an experience with a biker gang a few years ago. I had pulled off the freeway to get gas on my way home from San Diego. It was late, maybe 10 pm. I had barely pulled up to the pumps when I heard a bunch of bikes coming in. I am used to motorcycles, so I really never thought about it. I went in to get a soda and when I came out the parking lot was full, literally full of choppers. They really were a scary bunch of guys. And no women with them either. There was no way for me to leave as I was completely blocked in. I still wasn't scared, except when they started yelling at the guy in front of me trying to get out and they were afraid he would hit their bikes. That was a bit scary. Within a few minutes the police showed up and the biker guys started leaving, and making room for the other people to leave.

I still really did not think I was in danger until I got home and was telling my husband about what happened. He asked me what their colors were, what was the name of the group. I was not sure about the actual name, but told him it was something like Manglers, or Mongolians, something like that. He asked me if I saw Mongols, and yep, that was it. He said they were the baddest of the bad. And that it was a good thing I was not afraid or did anything to confront them. I had no idea.
    Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm glad you reminded me...I just scheduled it to record. Looking forward to the new season. I hope there are more shows than last season...it sure seemed short to me.
    Old 09-04-2010, 02:38 PM
    Power Poster

I thought it was new. I've seen shorts of it but they keep saying it's coming.