Wht else do you collect???

Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 PM

I collect very little. I'm trying to get a cool assortment of gravy boats, sugar/creamer sets and cake plates. But not really a collection. I also like to decorate my mantel with Santa Claus's so I'm trying to add a few. And lastly, and most important, I collect hugs and kisses from my kiddies!
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pineapple Princess
Thimbles!!! :)
Me too. And I collect Russian Stacking Dolls.

Got a funny story to go with that:

My sister went to one of the Russian stores in her home town in Germany, she told the proprietor (who speaks NO German) that she needed a Babushka. The Russian lady indicated that they did not have Babushkas. My sister indicated the motion of stacking the dolls, even making a smacking sound with her lips to indicate the nesting sound. (I ROFLed when she told me). Anyway, no "Babushka" was to be had.

So she went to another store, again asking for a Babushka. This sales lady asked: Why you want Grandmother? Babushka = Grandmother. Matryoshka = Stacking Doll. lol
Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 AM

I collect Coffee cups, African American figurines and Raggedy Ann and Andy I been thinking of something else I don't have a whole lot but you can see i collect them my coffee cups is different i about to run out of room for them.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

I collect white ceramic tea pots. Found an old one at Goodwill the other day. Also wooden boxes, have way too many of them, and Small elephants.
But of course my biggest collection is FQ,
Old 12-11-2009, 04:58 AM

Again besides fabric and maazines, my biggest collection is snowmen! Last year I tried to count them all but lost count! I may try again this year! I also collect dolphin figurines.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM

I collect bunnies. (not live ones) Although I used to raise rabbits for show, but not anymore. I love bunnies!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 AM

I collect music boxes--have since I was a child. Not sure how many I have, probably several hundred. Last time I was dusting I tried to get them to play all at once. I wasn't able to get the first one to still be playing by the time I got to the last one to wind it. I do have to store the holiday ones and only bring out on the specific holiday. Several have been put in storage since Mo was born 3 years ago. I know he wouldn't break it on purpose, but accidents happen.
Rose
ps. this has been an interesting thread to read, thanks for starting it. =)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Other than my quilting "stuff", I collect old or antique advertising tin cans. The ones that coffee, lard, crackers etc. came in. I also collect the old speckled melamine mixing bowls.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:53 AM

i love milk glass! one day we was at my brothers house and the kids was digging in the dirt and found some, so i went out there with them and oh my word it was like a gold mind! i found 3 that day! all in great condition! i will return!!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jamh
i love milk glass! one day we was at my brothers house and the kids was digging in the dirt and found some, so i went out there with them and oh my word it was like a gold mind! i found 3 that day! all in great condition! i will return!!
How fun this must have been!!! I hope when you go back you find many more!!! I wonder why they were buried there?

It is so fun to see what we all collect besides fabrics, novelties and machines :D:D:D