Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Why Did I Hide Those Cashews?? >
  • Why Did I Hide Those Cashews??

• Why Did I Hide Those Cashews??

Old 12-24-2010, 09:49 PM

[quote=Lneal]Now I can't find them! Cashews are a luxury at my house and I bought some for Christmas. I decided to hide them ( I must admit I had a few samples LOL!) so they wouldn't get eaten before our dinner. NOW I can't find them. I have looked in all my obvious hiding places, I really have no idea where I put them.
    Two days left till Christmas, I sure hope they show up.

Soooo, I know I am not alone on this issue :-D[/
    We must be related!I do that to myself soooo often!
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 PM

I have to hide the cashews, pecans and walnuts from hubby along with the Vitamin 3's (aka M & M's) I buy the 56oz bags of M & M's and about the same size of nuts. DH is totally addicted to them. I keep them under my desk. One day he will catch on and I will have to find another place. Hope I can remember when I do!
    Old 12-24-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I think when you find those cashews you should send them to me for safe keeping. LOL. I love them too. I am always putting things up and forgetting where they are. Just last night I was running around the house looking for a postal receipt and could not remember where it was I put it for safe keeping. Not where it belongs, of course. Been there, done that so many times. I have "Shorttimers" disease. Happy holidays
    P.S. I would
    also like a piece of that pineapple cake in your avatar.w
    My sister, passed away last year, called it SOMETIMERS, cause some times she could remember and sometimes she couldn't.
    Old 12-25-2010, 02:54 AM

Ooohhh! I love cashews! As does my mother and father. My mom purchased two bags one for dad and other to hide. He knew about the second bag somehow!!

I do hope you find it. If not look at the pressie you can have all to yourself!

Kyia
    Old 12-25-2010, 03:47 AM

Glad you found the cashews!! I hid a tub of red licorice from my DH, (he'd eat the whole thing in a day or two if able too) and couldn't find it for three days. Kept looking in the same area, sure that it was there and finally on the third day, looked behind two boxes on the top shelf near the ceiling and found it!!LOL Just last month I found an address book that's been missing for three years in our built in bench for the kitchen table. How the heck it got there is the biggest mystery!! I'm 54 too, I hope this misplacing things doesn't get worse!!!
    Old 12-25-2010, 04:50 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I am always hiding something so well that I forget where I hid it, as I try to pick up some things all year so there isn't a big financial strain when holidays and birthdays come up. Probably the worst I have done was hiding hard boiled eggs one year for Easter and the count didn't come up right. The next year, I switched to plastic eggs for the hunt. I also hid a gift check of $100 somewhere and have never found it. It was so nice to see that I'm not the only one. I really thought there was something wrong with me.
    Old 12-25-2010, 08:50 PM

Try your dresser drawer--that's where I used to hide my chocolate stash from my kids when they were little. Need I say I am a chocoholic?
    Old 12-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Been there, done that...In fact it used to be a joke amongst my kids to see which one's present got lost that year. When they were all at home, it never failed that I lost one gift every year...would buy early and stash somewhere only to lose it. All my kids have their birthdays in a 2 week period from the end of January to mid February...so guess what they got on their b-days! Always seem to find the lost item by then...wasn't planned that way...honest!
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

LOL at all the comments...putting something in a "safe" place goes on around here all the time....not being able to find it does too...and I can't blame it on age since I have been doing that same thing for over 50 years..I should use the same hiding place all the time and maybe I would remember...
    Old 12-26-2010, 12:57 PM

I saw DH eating them..he can sniff out a cashew for miles.