Will someone please

Old 09-25-2010, 08:45 PM

T-Bones mom...........I'm a night hawk! lol I'm never in bed before 1 or 2AM. lol
I see you are in Northern NY, so am I. Very Northern! Up in the St. Lawrence valley,1,000 Islands area, are you near me????
Old 09-25-2010, 08:57 PM

I know, the reality is you're hiding from the fact that the RAYS have taken over first place from the Yankees!!!!!!! Sorry, we're ecstatic down here in FL. and you're from NY so I couldn't resist. To be serious, you're going to have to put yourself on a computer diet. Set aside a specific amount of time each day to be on here, set a timer of some type at the beginning if you need to and have it go off 5 minutes before your alloted time ends so you can finish what you're doing. Also set an amount of time to do quilty things. Just like a diet, reward yourself- if you stick to your plan- with some extra time on the weekends. A habit takes at least 3 weeks to be established, so if you blow it, just start again the next day and move on. Now, give yourself 5 more minutes and then sign off! [Sorry I went into my teacher mode there for a minute] :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
T-Bones mom...........I'm a night hawk! lol I'm never in bed before 1 or 2AM. lol
I see you are in Northern NY, so am I. Very Northern! Up in the St. Lawrence valley,1,000 Islands area, are you near me????
I am not that far from you at all. I am between LaFargeville and Theresa. I am also in the 1,000 Islands area. 16 miles from the Canadian border.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:08 PM

"I know, the reality is you're hiding from the fact that the RAYS have taken over first place from the Yankees!!!!!!!"

Now was that nice??????? I'm suffering from dh's mood here! lol

I'm not a big baseball fan but I have a dh who is and he's not a happy camper. H hasn't been most of the season. I call him a "fair weather fan". Can't say as I blame him much, from what I hear the Yanks have been playing like little league players! They'll come back though, she says with little confidence. lol

As for your "diet", I've never had to diet and I doubt I could learn it too well. lol I am a confirmed computer addict!!!!! :)
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
I know, the reality is you're hiding from the fact that the RAYS have taken over first place from the Yankees!!!!!!! Sorry, we're ecstatic down here in FL. and you're from NY so I couldn't resist. To be serious, you're going to have to put yourself on a computer diet. Set aside a specific amount of time each day to be on here, set a timer of some type at the beginning if you need to and have it go off 5 minutes before your alloted time ends so you can finish what you're doing. Also set an amount of time to do quilty things. Just like a diet, reward yourself- if you stick to your plan- with some extra time on the weekends. A habit takes at least 3 weeks to be established, so if you blow it, just start again the next day and move on. Now, give yourself 5 more minutes and then sign off! [Sorry I went into my teacher mode there for a minute] :thumbup:
Yes I am a huge Yankee fan. They have played so bad the last few games. Hope they get back on track.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 PM

Oh my goodness, T-Bones mom!! I've been through there thousands of times! My dh worked at the military base for 9 1/2 years and we go shopping to WT all the time!! Maybe someday we could arrange to meet for coffee, lunch or sumptin!! I love the diner @ Thresa!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:16 PM

Limit your time on here, and learn all you can from all of us, and enjoy the friendships you will make along the way
Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM

LOL!!! You guys make me laugh.....so early in the morning and were cracking jokes! I like the Yankees too!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 PM

Set up your kitchen timer for 30 45 or an hour . and when it goes off leave the room
Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 PM

I could hang a sign on my door, do not disturb so I could be uninterrupted on this board, but I am alone and no one to insult or agrivate over my addiction!!! It is pure heaven!

Hang in there GF's, it's free time when the world sleeps.

Blessings Ruth