William and Cate

Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM

Do you think Beatrice and Eugenie wanted attention??? It wasn't good attenion though.
Originally Posted by sall
Originally Posted by quilter1
Loved it all, a fitting ceremony for a beautiful couple. Kate lookd radient. Too bad about William's homely cousins though.
Homely is not the word I would use for Beatrice and Eugenie.. FRUMPY, FRUMPY, FRUMPY.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Letty
Oh dear, please don't take too much account of the press.The Queen did attend the wedding (Charles and Camilla) and it was a wonderful day.Prince William and Harry respect and get along with Camilla, they dearly loved Diana,but love their father too,therefore are happy that he is in a partnership in which he is happy.The wedding on Friday between William and Catherine was wonderful, they were so obviously in love,unlike some other royal marriages,it was a true love match.Their mother was a part of the ceremony, in their thoughts and hearts,as she should be,hence the wearing of her engagement ring.I am not an all out royalist but the day and ceremony lifted the nation in these times of gloom and I watched it with great joy.My prayers go out to all in the U.S. who are suffering from the tornados,I can hardly imagine the sorrow and pain of the destruction. Thank you to all the love and help shared on this site, it is so wonderful to read the generous help and giving.In these times when there is so much war and destruction in the world I can only pray that that same love could be extended to all areas of our lives. Blessings to you all, Letty
Well said.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
She was a beautiful bride......her dress was beautiful and I do believe that her veil and tiara were simply stunning......not overpowering her, just a compliment to her. So beutiful, Prince William couldn't take his eyes off her.

It was a wonderful day and happiness to the young couple.

Don't you just love Harry ?????????
I used to feel sorry for Harry, being the plain little brother of good-looking William, but he's grown up to be so handsome!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by grammysharon
Do you think Beatrice and Eugenie wanted attention??? It wasn't good attenion though.
Loved it all, a fitting ceremony for a beautiful couple. Kate lookd radient. Too bad about William's homely cousins though.
Homely is not the word I would use for Beatrice and Eugenie.. FRUMPY, FRUMPY, FRUMPY.
I don't remember where I heard it, but it was said that Beatrice and Eugenie dressed the way they did to avenge their mother not being invited to the wedding. I hope that's the reason. I would hate to think two intelligent, educated young women would deliberately dress in such an embarrassing fashion thinking they were being stylish.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Raphael48
Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
If I remember right men stopped wearing hats when JFK didn't wear them. I think women stopped wearing them when we quit using so much hairspray, and went with the natural look. LOL. I thought the whole "doings" was beautiful, and everyone behaved theirselves. No, mob scenes. Just great.
I think you're right about men wearing hats ending with JFK, although I do remember him wearing a top hat to his inauguration. Men today seem pretty stuck on baseball caps. I've always worn hats, but they do mess up the hair. I miss the days when women wore hats to church and anytime they dressed up. Cocktail hats were not removed when you reached your destination, so hair was styled around the hat, as the Brits showed yesterday. Maybe now hats will come back in fashion and a whole new industry will come back to life.
I think baseball hats are the worst fashion to come along in a long time! My son & husband wear them all the time, I'd like to burn them all. My grandfather had 4 hats: His good felt hat, his straw hat his RR engineer hat and his grubby work-in-the-garden hat. I always thought it odd my dad didn't wear a hat but apparently he didn't like to. We always had to dress up even for a shopping trip and Mom always wore a hat.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:26 PM

This is what Princess Eugenie and Beatrice wore.
http://backseatcuddler.com/2011/04/2...etons-wedding/
I thought her dress was superb - and she looked radiant. He looked like the cat who got the cream! I wish them all the best in life and love.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

I watched it in rerun and absolutely loved the dress, the veil, the flowers, the fact that she did her own makeup. That gal has class. It is so obvious that the bride and groom care for each other. I wish them all the best.

The hats were a sight to behold all the way around.

The only thing that fries my bacon in any traditional wedding ceremony is the handing off of the bride by the father to the husband-to-be. WHAT THE H*** we are not chattel! Stupid custom! Stupidstupidstupid!

OK - all better now, lol

Oh I so wanted to slap that Beckham woman. What a sourpuss. She needs to eat something sweet to change her disposition.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:34 PM

Nancy
Those sundresses ARE coming back. Last week, I took my granddaughters shopping at JC Penneys and they had a lot of them. I think they are a little shorter than what we used to wear, but I didn't think they were too short. My granddaughter got one of them. So look around. Other stores might be carrying them too.
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
I remember YEARS ago when I had gone to the millenary(HAT STORE) with my mother and we tried on so many hats. I couldn't wait to grow up so I could buy them ----- darn, too late! For every day, do the British dress as bad as WE do here (jeans and t-shirts???) I LOVED the sundresses back in the late 50's early 60's; unfortunately those are all gone too...sigh.....
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
It was really nice to have the Middleton's invite their butcher, postman, and pub owner. It is surprising that the Queen allowed it!. This new couple is NOT stuffy - they are the good part of the "modern" couple and its wonderful that they will be living in a 4 bedroom house away from all of the formal way. Maybe there might be a special program on all of those hats! Did you notice the lady in a bright blue dress with the matching hat straight up and down practically on her face?? Interesting. And the crowds were very contained - in the US we would probably have a little less decorum(?)
The lady in blue was a queen from another country! She had on a very very interesting dress.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Raphael48
Originally Posted by grammysharon
I don't remember where I heard it, but it was said that Beatrice and Eugenie dressed the way they did to avenge their mother not being invited to the wedding. I hope that's the reason. I would hate to think two intelligent, educated young women would deliberately dress in such an embarrassing fashion thinking they were being stylish.
I am afraid Beatrice and Eugenie have always seemed to dress far too frumpy for their age. When you look at the other young Royals, you will see how stylish they all are. They realise that their mother does not get invited to any Royal occasion, so this event would not be any different. I was surprised though to see Al Fayed there.