William and Cate

Old 05-01-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by katigirl
Looks like the cousins could use a session with a style consultant.
I read somewhere that that was their way of making a statement about their mother being snubbed - not sure how true that is.
Lets just say that they always have worn outragous hats. They have no idea when it comes to wearing clothes and with all that money you would think they would get someone to tell them. Princess Ann too has always always looked frumpy
Old 05-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by VernaL
I subscribe to a lot of quilting sites and I don't remember if it was from the Amer Quilt Soc or another one, but they talked about all the lace on her dress and veil being hand cut and hand appliqued onto the dress and veil and about the hand beading. It was done by teachers and former and present students at the Royal School of Embroidery. (I hope I got the title right) It took hours of work, they said. But, the message sent had some close ups of the lace and it was beautiful. Evidently the lace appliques were of roses and daffodils and other flowers. That is hard to see on TV.
The lace on the bottom of her dress showed up better on the pic of her and William as they were leaving the Abbey.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:34 PM

I thought the whole wedding was perfect. The swords are allowed because they are part of the military uniform. Royals usually are not allowed to show any passion so two kisses is really a lot in public. Even the queen looked happy. I hope they are happy forever.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by jojosnana
I thought the whole wedding was perfect. The swords are allowed because they are part of the military uniform. Royals usually are not allowed to show any passion so two kisses is really a lot in public. Even the queen looked happy. I hope they are happy forever.
They were not wearing swords just the scabard(sheath/cover) with Dress Uniforms.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:22 AM

Prince Andrews daughters frumpy? Aint that the truth!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM

I remember being 21 years old when Diana and Charles got married...seeing the carriage pull up and and the sea of fabric that filled the carriage. It was what every little girl thought a princess should look like. However, now when I look at those pictures I see the loneliness in her eyes and the lack of love between them. I hope on some level he cared about her, but I have always felt that her family threw her under the bus.

Now 30 years later watching Catherine...I thought the dress, veil and bouquet were beautiful in their simplicity. I also think it showed that at 28 or 29 she was more mature in her style. And finally seeing the obvious love between William and Catherine is quite refreshing. They have had 9 years to cultivate their relationship and she has had time to slowly adjust to being in the spotlight.

I loved Pippa in the white bridesmaid dress...it was an elegant look. She is adorable and the Middleton's are obviously a very close family.

And, then Harry...what a spirit he has! You can tell that William and Harry are quite close and that Harry really likes Catherine.

Finally...my opinion...Diana did an exceptional job raising those boys. She was a wonderful mother to them. However, Charles stepped up to the plate 14 years ago and has done a fine job too. They seem well adjusted. I have read that they like Camilla and see that she makes their father happy. I hope that is true. He is their father and they are his sons...life is too short not to enjoy every moment to the fullest.

I think this next generation of royals are going to do a good job! I look forward to seeing future babies and weddings.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM

We've all said just about everything that can be said about "the" wedding, but I have a couple of question:

1. Prince Harry was the best man and stood by Prince William throughout the whole ceremony. Why didn't the father of the bride go and sit with his wife after he gave "this woman" to be married, and then the maid of honor stand by the bride? I don't rememer seeing the maid of honor anywhere during the ceremony. I couldn't figure out why the father stood beside Kate the whole time.

2. Why did Harry and William face the altar during Kate's processional down the aisle with her father? At every wedding I've ever been to, the groom and best man face the aisle so they can see the bride as she approaches the altar. It just seemed odd that William had his back turned to the bride until she reached the altar.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM

I don't have the answer regarding the maid of honor although I did see her give Catherine the flowers after the ceremony and carry the train when they exited to the room to sign the book or papers...whatever they do with witnesses.

But Prince William kept his back to her because he wanted to be the last one to see Catherine. Harry told her when she had arrived...I actually thought that was quite sweet.

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
We've all said just about everything that can be said about "the" wedding, but I have a couple of question:

1. Prince Harry was the best man and stood by Prince William throughout the whole ceremony. Why didn't the father of the bride go and sit with his wife after he gave "this woman" to be married, and then the maid of honor stand by the bride? I don't rememer seeing the maid of honor anywhere during the ceremony. I couldn't figure out why the father stood beside Kate the whole time.

2. Why did Harry and William face the altar during Kate's processional down the aisle with her father? At every wedding I've ever been to, the groom and best man face the aisle so they can see the bride as she approaches the altar. It just seemed odd that William had his back turned to the bride until she reached the altar.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM

Maid of Honour was sitting with the little bridesmaids.

I did think it odd that the Father of the Bride stood by her the whole time.

I do know that she did not want William to see her before they got married so maybe that was the reason he stood that way.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by sall
Originally Posted by quilter1
Loved it all, a fitting ceremony for a beautiful couple. Kate lookd radient. Too bad about William's homely cousins though.
Homely is not the word I would use for Beatrice and Eugenie.. FRUMPY, FRUMPY, FRUMPY.
LOL ... I have to say I was totally horrified to see how these 2 Princesses have "grown up" ... I remember them as pretty little girls but today ?? OMG They ARE the reigning Princesses of Frump, sad to say ... and yes, Princess Anne is still the Elder Frump ! :roll: