William and Cate

Old 04-29-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
Another thing that surprised me is they wore their swords into the church. I know the swords are only ceremonial but I didn't think any "weapon" was allowed in a christian church.
Try telling that to the guys around here who take their concealed weapons everywhere.
I actually recieved my conceled carry license IN A CHURCH!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM

I've only been able to watch parts so far (visiting). I thought Kate's dad looked like Harrison Ford! It was all so elegant and moving. Harry looks like a rascal for sure. I've been wondering about the nuns too. Any Brits care to clue us in?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:10 AM

This MAY be a stupid question, but what is everyone's last name?? Like William.............what? Harry.............what? Charles...............what?, etc, etc. Do they give up their last name when they become Royals??
Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
I've only been able to watch parts so far (visiting). I thought Kate's dad looked like Harrison Ford! It was all so elegant and moving. Harry looks like a rascal for sure. I've been wondering about the nuns too. Any Brits care to clue us in?
I'm not a Brit but I know - the Episcopalian Church has nuns and it is derived from the Anglican Church, so I would think they do too.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
This MAY be a stupid question, but what is everyone's last name?? Like William.............what? Harry.............what? Charles...............what?, etc, etc. Do they give up their last name when they become Royals??
William and Harry use the last name Wales. Royalty probably doesn't need last names though.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 AM

They did not carry swords only the scabards.(sword casing) The ladies in nun like garb are deaconesses in the Church of England,William and Harry have the last name WALES. When William,Catherine and the family left the alter they went into the vestry to sign the marriage register to legalise the marriage!!! It is signed by them and usually 2 witnesses. Hope this answers your questions!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM

I told myself that I wasn't interested in the wedding. I was so tired of hearing about it leading up to today..... Then I sat down with my cup of java and found myself mesmerized by the whole prince/princess wedding. She was an absolutely stunning bride. Loved her dress so much more than Diana's. It suited her shape and personality. I think Cate will make the royal family proud.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 AM

A lot of the hats were designed by the famous British Milliner Philip Treacy, great advert for a traditional British craft!!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1
Loved it all, a fitting ceremony for a beautiful couple. Kate lookd radient. Too bad about William's homely cousins though.
But how about them hats?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
It was really nice to have the Middleton's invite their butcher, postman, and pub owner. It is surprising that the Queen allowed it!. This new couple is NOT stuffy - they are the good part of the "modern" couple and its wonderful that they will be living in a 4 bedroom house away from all of the formal way. Maybe there might be a special program on all of those hats! Did you notice the lady in a bright blue dress with the matching hat straight up and down practically on her face?? Interesting. And the crowds were very contained - in the US we would probably have a little less decorum(?)
Just found out who it was in the straight up and down hat. It was Tara Palmer Tompkinson, whose family are friends of Prince Charles. She is a total nut case, always doing way out things. Only she would wear such a thing on her head.