Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • WORST  April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you >
  • WORST April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you

• WORST April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you

Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 AM

I don't normally play jokes on people--so I got my coworkers really good today!

I work at a middle school--we just received an email from the secretary yesterday stating that she was designating 4 parking spaces in the parking lot for the 4 pregnant teachers in the building. I waited until this morning and did "reply all" with the statement--

"ummm...can you make that 5 parking spaces--see the attachment!"

I had a attached a document labeled "sonogram pic!". When my unsuspecting coworkers opened it up it said "Gotcha! April Fool's! haha".

I had people calling me in tears this morning they were laughing so hard! (For those who don't know--I have a 10 month at home who is not sleeping through the night yet and there is NO WAY I want anymore kids...)

Rose Hall
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
    (For those who don't know--I have a 10 month at home who is not sleeping through the night yet and there is NO WAY I want anymore kids...)

Rose Hall

ROFLMBO !!
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:04 AM

It's my birthday today too. So over the years I've had plenty of tricks played on me, too numerous to list. A friend made me a spongecake for my birthday and when I cut into it, it really was a sponge. My neices always wrap lovely packages for me, only to find a box of rocks or a brick inside. They get a real kick out of it. Several times I've driven around all day with a big sign on the passenger side of my car (unbeknowst to me!) that said "Honk, it's my birthday" or "Caution, driver has PMS". This has given my sister & co-workers great joy. Hahaha

The best has to be the one my mother tells. I was the 7th daughter born (no brothers in this family) and as I arrived, the Dr. told my mother "It's a boy...April Fool, it's really a girl." I would not have been amused, if I were her.

It's all in good fun, so I just roll with it. BTW I make a full walk-around my car before I get in it every April 1st now!
    :lol:
    Originally Posted by GwynR
    It's my birthday and my mother used to love to decorate cakes. She made me a beautiful fancy birthday cake, but when I tried to cut it, it was very tough! Turned out to be foam rubber!!! She laughed so hard...... and then she brought out the second cake that was real! She did that several times, but the first time she really got me good!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-178182.gif  
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jo M
    It's my birthday today too. So over the years I've had plenty of tricks played on me, too numerous to list. A friend made me a spongecake for my birthday and when I cut into it, it really was a sponge. My neices always wrap lovely packages for me, only to find a box of rocks or a brick inside. They get a real kick out of it. Several times I've driven around all day with a big sign on the passenger side of my car (unbeknowst to me!) that said "Honk, it's my birthday" or "Caution, driver has PMS". This has given my sister & co-workers great joy. Hahaha

The best has to be the one my mother tells. I was the 7th daughter born (no brothers in this family) and as I arrived, the Dr. told my mother "It's a boy...April Fool, it's really a girl." I would not have been amused, if I were her.

It's all in good fun, so I just roll with it. BTW I make a full walk-around my car before I get in it every April 1st now!
    :lol:
    Originally Posted by GwynR
    It's my birthday and my mother used to love to decorate cakes. She made me a beautiful fancy birthday cake, but when I tried to cut it, it was very tough! Turned out to be foam rubber!!! She laughed so hard...... and then she brought out the second cake that was real! She did that several times, but the first time she really got me good!

H*A*P*P*Y***B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:19 AM

I pulled the styrofoam birthday cake trick on my principal. He laughed and I gave him a real cake too. One of the teachers said she thought is was so horrible she would get me fired. She didn't as the board thought it funny too.
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the birthday "kids"..Some of my troops pulled a good one one one time (years ago) the used superglue on the bottom of my boots...yep glued to the floor they were stuck. My Marines were the best young men that ever were. Later that night it was all laffs.
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM

My youngest son was very hard to wake up for school. (Weekends were no problem, he bounced out of bed with the sun!!) I, on the other hand, am not a morning person and don't wake up full of happiness and joy. I did love our Dobermans though, especially our dear old Kurt. Very old Kurt.
    So very early one lovely April First, after one of his loving sisters had hidden his clock that usually blasted him out of bed, I rushed in to DS's bedroom and shook him, crying that Kurt was in the tree outside and might hurt himself if he fell!! He was too old to have a broken bone!!!
    DS hurtled out of that bed and rushed outside still in his preferred PJs, a pair of baggy boxers, and only came full awake as Kurt joined him in looking up into the tree!!!
    Hehehe..giggle and snort, but DS didn't think it was funny at all.
    Kurt's opinion on it seemed say that his family were being idiots again, but he loved us anyway.
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 AM

Happy Birthday Gwen R and Jo M. Sorry, cannot think of a good April fools story. Its a DULL day. hehe
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM

It wasn't too mean, but last year a co-worker & I picked 2 other teachers to prank for April 1- we just put a postit note on the bottom of the mouse to their computer(it makes it not work). BOY! You should have seen how frustrated they got. & the second one even knew we had done the first one, & it still worked! That was even better!!! LOL all day!
    Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
    Power Poster

As a farmer, my husband liked porridge for breakfast. I worked off farm, so would make the porridge in the double boiler and leave it for him when he came in for breakfast.

One April 1st, he opened the pot to discover it filled with corn flakes! :)

And for Valentines he got cream of wheat with red food colouring.
    And yes, you can already guess, green was the order of the day for St. Patty's! :)