Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!! >
  • Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!!

• Would Some Have a Chat With My Cat - Please!!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:58 PM

So he lugged a freshly killed bunny about 3 months old up onto the shelf where the food dish sits.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Grandma told of during the 1930s depression, she had a cat that knew something was going on, and for a long time, nearly every morning Grandma would find a freshly dead rabbit or groundhog on the back porch. She really did baby that cat, it was a darn good provider, and it lasted till the garden stuff came in.

I suspect that if a rabbit would come in my house, Fredrica, the white Persian, would walk around it trying to see if it wanted to play, while Koko, the half Siamese, would leap over her and kill and eat part of it, then deposit the remains in my lap while I was reading a book. He always wants me to join in on his games, and loves to see me toss little mouse toys around. I would toss more than toys around if I found a half rabbit or mouse in my lap!
    Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltluvr
    What's that saying??? The early cat gets the lizard?? :lol:
    ROFLMAO!!!!
    Think it says the early cat SHARES the lizard!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
    The first thing that comes to mind is why not shut the bedroom door?
    Because if you shut the door, they we claw at the door, the door jamb until they either bored a hole in the door or you open it. Which ever comes first.
    Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 AM
    Power Poster

But he is SO cute! Im so glad mine dont bring lizards, but I have stepped on a few dead mouses.....REALLY bad with bear feet!
    Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Originally Posted by Lacelady
    The first thing that comes to mind is why not shut the bedroom door?
    Because if you shut the door, they we claw at the door, the door jamb until they either bored a hole in the door or you open it. Which ever comes first.
    Ever tried to go to the bathroom and shut the door? They stick their paws under the door, body slam it, yowl at you. Buddy considers that primo petting time because obviously - you're not going anywhere!
    Old 09-20-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by lalaland
    Okay, they are nocturnal in their hunting habits, I get that, but would someone please tell Buddy that jumping on the bed at 4:30 am with that lizard you were lucky enough to catch, that is still alive and kicking, is not acceptable!!!!

Even the dog is complaining since the last lizard crawled under her, while she was peacefully sleeping, to get away from the cat.

And I don't appreciate having to get up and take a squirming, obviously ticked off, lizard outside to somewhere safe.

And yes, this is a frequent occurrence. I guess I should be grateful it's only lizards???
    your Buddy is really cute, I love the picture. one suggestion to keep you cat indoor at night is to not feed him during the day at all. you call him in around dinner time, feed him and shut him indoors for the night. it worked with my nieces cats which usually disappeared at night or got hit by cars. once she used that method the vet suggested, she never lost any cat and they never brought their prey indoors.
    Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 AM

many years ago I was in hospital for a month and the cat started to bring rats into my DH everynight and wake him up to let him know what a good boy he was, DH would say good cat charley eat him up charley and he would.
    1 night when DH was visiting me he took the rat into our neighbour and woke him up, he was quite amused by that haveing heard from DH what the cat was doing. when I came home from hospital I found lots of half eaten rats under the bed. ugg not a pretty sight to come home to from hospital to that,
    Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 AM
    Lyn

It was 4:00am and my brother and wife were sound asleep. My brother's Maine Coon came in the doggy door dragging a dead woodchuck and deposited it on my SIL chest. It was still warm. She let out a scream that I think I heard in NH. They live in OR.
    Old 09-20-2010, 05:36 AM
    Power Poster

Oh gosh....I think I heard her!! Too funny, but I'm thrilled that wasn't me!
    Old 09-20-2010, 06:11 AM

This is so funny. Our cat once liked to bring field mice to my dad every chance she got. She was so proud of herself and of course he praised her.Yuk!