xx

Old 06-26-2009, 06:03 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai

Ooooh, cool! I'm trying to clean up my language (ICU nurses could make a sailor blush) and I like mercredi!

I had a great french teacher who taught me lots! And do you mean putain? See, I can type it! :twisted: Lets not split hairs. In french, so I'm told that's really rude! Something about flies? hehehe And what about "va te faire voir"?

Of course if you want to call someone something stronger than a jackass, the Greek word is "malaka" pronounced "ma LA ka". :mrgreen:
gave me a frisson to see that written! Like I said it's about as bad as the eff word!!!! Lily said it once and got a real telling off! I thought 'va te faire voir' just meant 'go make yourself see' - I haven't heard it used in a rude way, but I'll ask Hans later. There's va t'en which just means buzz off! And I had a book of French idioms for my birthday - there are some great expressions like for fainting they say 'tomber dans les pommes' and 'tu me casse les pieds ' - you're really p...ing me off!'and to be puzzled is 'avoir l'air d'une poule qui a trouvé un couteau'! :D
Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 AM
k3n
Power Poster

just looked up malaka in an online dictionary! LMAO!!! I'll use that, I know a few of those!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by gaigai

Ooooh, cool! I'm trying to clean up my language (ICU nurses could make a sailor blush) and I like mercredi!

I had a great french teacher who taught me lots! And do you mean putain? See, I can type it! :twisted: Lets not split hairs. In french, so I'm told that's really rude! Something about flies? hehehe And what about "va te faire voir"?

Of course if you want to call someone something stronger than a jackass, the Greek word is "malaka" pronounced "ma LA ka". :mrgreen:
gave me a frisson to see that written! Like I said it's about as bad as the eff word!!!! Lily said it once and got a real telling off! I thought 'va te faire voir' just meant 'go make yourself see' - I haven't heard it used in a rude way, but I'll ask Hans later. There's va t'en which just means buzz off! And I had a book of French idioms for my birthday - there are some great expressions like for fainting they say 'tomber dans les pommes' and 'tu me casse les pieds ' - you're really p...ing me off!'and to be puzzled is 'avoir l'air d'une poule qui a trouvé un couteau'! :D
I thought 'va te faire voir' just meant 'go make yourself see'...

must be the opposite of 'doing _t till you go 8) :!: :lol:
...and that's quite a long phrase for being puzzled...
wonder what them Frenchies, would think of some of my scrambled egg-talk? qeeiworl fldiels rod bkc,os woekeos iop[wsie and then some, LOL!
(I don't know if that's French or not, but don't I sound intelligent writing it...hee hee hee :wink: )
Old 06-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

P.S. what's a 'frisson'?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

can you believe we have all wrote out this much stuff, and all Bw had to do was write, 'xx'?
Hey, B?...was that some kind of bet, you had going with hubby?
..."watch these turkeys"..."they'll go for anything!"
Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
just looked up malaka in an online dictionary! LMAO!!! I'll use that, I know a few of those!
I just looked up malaka :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Old 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
can you believe we have all wrote out this much stuff, and all Bw had to do was write, 'xx'?
See how well she knows all of us????? :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: 8)
Old 06-26-2009, 01:43 PM

quote=quiltncrazy]can you believe we have all wrote out this much stuff, and all Bw had to do was write, 'xx'?
..."watch these turkeys"..."they'll go for anything!"[/quote]

[/url
Old 06-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

I looked it up too!!! :lol: :lol: Some reference made to the word dude, too....oh Blue Chicken..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-26-2009, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
quote=quiltncrazy]can you believe we have all wrote out this much stuff, and all Bw had to do was write, 'xx'?

[/url[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! I just read all this, and figured as much! LOL