Yay! Snow!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 AM

yea, there are a few flaked floating around right now, but nothing to accumulate. The snow from last week is pretty much melted now :( You know when you think it's snowing, but you're not sure if it's the same 3 flakes that keep going around and around and just not falling...

They're calling for snow this week, around 5 cm on Monday, up to 20 cm on Wednesday (yay!) and another 2-4cm on Thursday. That's almost a foot of snow in a week, and temperatures below freezing the whole time, so it shouldn't melt :)
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 PM

We have been getting our first real accumulation of snow the last couple days. And I think it is trying to make up for a late start this year.
Pictures of my deck this morning. And it is still snowing.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56104.jpe  
Old 12-05-2009, 03:05 PM

I want it tooo snow sooo bad!!! I can't wait for it!! :) We are getting a little bit, but it really isn't sticking that much.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Yes, I am ready for snow too! A must have for Christmas!! Right?
Unfortunately, not in Houston. But we really did have snow yesterday and the rooftops and some of the yard were still covered this morning. It melted this afternoon and got into the 40's. It could easily be warm at Christmas. :roll:
Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 AM

Ok, so in the interest of not starting 900 threads on the same topic (that drives me crazy) I just wanted to share my excitement that we're expecting anywhere from 25-35 cm of snow tomorrow. That 10-14 inches for most of you guys... In one day!
YAYYYYY!!!!!

The only down side is that my mother was supposed to bring me a stand for my christmas tree tonight and stay over at my place, but she's not coming because of the storm tomorrow and I can't go get my tree if a) I don't have a stand to put it on and 2) there is a foot of snow covering the tree... *sigh* Maybe I'll be able to go pick my tree on Friday instead.

It started snowing yesterday, here's what it looks like outside from my bedroom window. Not the greatest view, but there's still snow all over the streets despite cars driving in it. P.S. we only got a few cm yesterday, I can't wait for tomorrow!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Pics
Attached Thumbnails attachment-47928.jpe   attachment-47944.jpe  
Old 12-09-2009, 06:27 PM

Love your pics! Did you get more snow today?

We got so much over the last 2 days that the schools have had 2 days off, and the roads were impassable - even for the workers at the local nuclear plant. :-o I pity the people who had to report regardless of the road condition. My husband shoveled snow from the drive that was chest high when he started. Took quite a while...

Enjoy the snow. It will make getting your tree all the more fun when you can get out.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Yea, we got about a foot of snow just today! It's way too dark to take pics, plus every time I looked outside today it was too snowy to take pictures, but it has stopped snowing now. Well, for now anyway. I'll take some more pics tomorrow.
I was looking outside earlier and I couldn't tell the street from the yard!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

WOW!!! That is quite a blizzard!!! Is this going to interfere with your ultrasound tomorrow? I hope not!!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 PM

nah, we're used to this kind of weather. I even went shopping the the thick of it, lol! It's just slow going, that's all. We all have mandatory snow tires, and honestly, if you do slip, you're not going fast enough to do much damage anyway.
We don't live on a particularly busy street and the snow plows were passing all day long. I imagine by tomorrow all the roads everywhere will be clear, and the roads leading to the hospital are always the first to be plowed anyway :)