Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox???  Crazy questions we get! >
  • Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox??? Crazy questions we get!

• Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox??? Crazy questions we get!

Old 08-30-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
    Hey, come on... most brides are practically unrecognizable on their wedding day. They should be when you figure what so many spend (or Daddy spends) on their wedding.
    I saw a show where the brides are getting major plastic surgery prior to the wedding. Liposuction too! I guess having the pictures perfect is a priority. I feel sorry for the groom who may not recognize his bride

Thanks for the posts about the real uses of Botox besides vanity. The vocal chords was ....an eye opener.

My bride-friend used botox for her furrowed brow. It did not change the shape of her face. she wore a chiffon, flowing Vera Wang gown....she looked stunning! Her social circle is in a higher income bracket than mine, LOL! It was a nice wedding.
    Sandy
    Old 08-30-2012, 06:38 AM

OK, how about the one of the women I worked with meeting my daughter (college age at the time) and saying, to me in front of her, "Wow, you have such a beautiful daughter!!!!" and then with a glance at me, "She looks nothing like YOU." Without missing a beat I said, "She takes after her father." Since she'd met my husband, and while he might be called a good looking man he is NOT beautiful, she said "oh." and let it drop. She also wasn't aware that my daughters' beloved "Daddy" is a step father.
    Old 08-30-2012, 07:04 AM

I don't get the whole botox thing or the whole makeup thing. God made us au natural and thats how I intend to stay. I always feel weird when my friends put makeup on me when we go out. I think they think it makes them more beautiful, but they are beautiful without it and don't need it so why do they spend 3 hours to look almost the same. Its the same with high heels. Why do they spend hours in pain messing up their feet and backs permanently. I just don't get it. Thats the problem with today. its why high schoolers and younger think they need botox and boob jobs, and all sorts of surgery to look a certain way. No one can just be happy with themselves
    Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra
    OK, how about the one of the women I worked with meeting my daughter (college age at the time) and saying, to me in front of her, "Wow, you have such a beautiful daughter!!!!" and then with a glance at me, "She looks nothing like YOU." Without missing a beat I said, "She takes after her father." Since she'd met my husband, and while he might be called a good looking man he is NOT beautiful, she said "oh." and let it drop. She also wasn't aware that my daughters' beloved "Daddy" is a step father.

Sounds like you took care of her. How snarky of that gal! I'm sure that she "was" a beauty herself! Good grief!
    Sandy
    Old 08-30-2012, 04:23 PM

[Quote: I admire Jamie Lee Curtis, too, because she's let her hair go gray & the whole nine. Bully for her! Ditto Roseanne Barr. These chicks who had their faces pulled so tight that they can't even close their eyes -- do they think that's attractive? I think it's gross! End Quote]

I'll go along with Jamie Lee Curtis, but Roseanne Barr has had at least one face-lift. She has just outlasted the facelift. lol Eventually gravity takes over again.