Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Your experience with Fitbit? >
  • Your experience with Fitbit?

• Your experience with Fitbit?

Old 04-26-2018, 07:04 AM

I liked having my Fitbit Charge HR, but was having problems getting it to sync with my phone. My DH bought me an Apple Watch for Christmas, and I MUCH prefer it. One drawback to both: when I crochet, the device thinks I am walking. At least the Apple Watch counts my crocheting as activity and not as exercise, so I still have to get in my exercise minutes for the day!
    Old 04-26-2018, 07:31 AM

kI had 3 different ones and none of them held up so I went to an Iwatch that I love.
    Old 04-26-2018, 10:24 AM

Crrently have a Charge 2. Really like it. I do like to monitor my sleep and this one show light, deep, REM. Pretty cool. Also notifies me If i have not made my 250 steps in an hour, which does make me get up from my desk and move! I think they are helpful. It’s amazing how fast time goes without realizing how long you have been sitting! Have not had trouble syncing with any phone....
    Old 04-26-2018, 05:54 PM

I had one of the first ones...Christmas present from DH. I used it for awhile, but you had to get on the computer to see how you did, which I felt like was kind of a hassle. Then my dil told me that she was doing a mailing at work one day and hers registered over 10,000 steps when all she did was mainly sit! It was measuring her arm movements... So, that was the last day I used mine, and switched to an Omron pedometer which I just slip in my pocket when I get dressed. So far it hasn't made it into the wash...just a matter of time...
    Old 04-26-2018, 05:58 PM

I have the Fitbit One. I"ve had it for a few years now. I don't know that it really gets me up and going but I do like tracking how much I walk and the intensity of my exercise. It has a good clip and I just clip it to my bra. I've never lost it that way. I get an email when the battery is low and since i sync it with my tablet almost every day, I know when the battery is low. I just charge it over night. Easy to use.
    Old 04-26-2018, 06:54 PM

I had the fitbit flex and the one before that. didn't like either. my friend has the clip one and that works good she said as long as you don't loose or wash it. i tried several other brands but nothing. I used the misfit for years and I liked this real well but just kept loosing them. Finally bought the Apple watch and it just does everything I want & more.
    Old 04-27-2018, 03:15 AM

I got a used Fitbit Charge HR from a friend who upgraded hers. The device works well, but first I had it synced to my Kindle Fire and after a while it would not sync. Now it is synced to my laptop and I have had trouble syncing it there.

I keep a calendar at the foot of the stairs and every night before I go to bed, I check the fitbit and write the steps on the calendar. Old-school sync!!

Of course now that I am back into walking and the weather is getting fine, I have some kind of mysterious knee ailment that came out of nowhere. Figures.
    Old 04-27-2018, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

Prism, I'm terrified one of my kids will buy me one. I don't want to know how lazy I am lol
    Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 PM

I found the only one that synced properly with my iPhone was the Apple Watch, apart from the fitness aspect, I can answer calls see messages and notifications on it. I have mobility issues and thought I was quite sedentary, but somehow or other I seem to do at least 10,000 steps a day, which really surprised me.
    Old 04-29-2018, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by toverly
    I liked it, but the first one I had was one that clipped onto clothes, that one quickly was lost to the washing machine, the holder is rubber but the electronics were destroyed. I then went to the Flex, it worked like a charm. But it didn't get me up and moving. It was interesting to see how little I actually walk during my day. I may have to give it a try again.
    Our hospital was giving out the clip on ones so I got one; it was free. So not worth it. You could hold it in your hand and shake it and rack up the steps taken. That's not the way it should be. I like my fitbit, its from garmin

There was a survey done, the ones that are some of the most expensive watches had the least amount of accuracy.

Last edited by romanojg; 04-29-2018 at 04:42 AM.