Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Brother PQ1500S >
  • Brother PQ1500S

• Brother PQ1500S

Old 09-12-2024, 05:17 AM

Unhappy Brother PQ1500S

My Brother PQ1500S quilting machine just stopped working. No power at all. I was changing the bulb. It flickered when I screwed in the new bulb and would never power up after that. I am at a loss. I have never had any problems with this machine. It is my major machine quilting machine. Has anyone ever had this problem? I did see in a forum someone having this issue but I didn't see any resolution. I'm hoping it is an easy fix.
    Old 09-12-2024, 05:26 AM

Welcome to the boards and how frustrating to have this issue. I'm sorry I don't have any good solutions for you but from my days of trouble shooting computers, the basics of checking the cord/plug in still apply. Do other things power up from where you plug in?

Hoping it is a an easy/cheap fix and that now that you've found us you share your knowledge and projects with the rest of us.
    Old 09-12-2024, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom
    Welcome to the boards and how frustrating to have this issue. I'm sorry I don't have any good solutions for you but from my days of trouble shooting computers, the basics of checking the cord/plug in still apply. Do other things power up from where you plug in?

Hoping it is a an easy/cheap fix and that now that you've found us you share your knowledge and projects with the rest of us.
    Yes, everything works perfectly when plugged into the same outlet. I think I will stop by my local repair shop and ask a few questions. I would hope they might have some idea. Fingers crossed my machine isn't repairable!
    Old 09-12-2024, 05:32 AM

Thanks for your response.
    Old 09-12-2024, 05:56 AM
    Power Poster

It could be a fuse? I use to have a 1500 ps Novelle. I remember once the repair guy saying something about a fuse but I could be wrong.
    Old 09-12-2024, 06:16 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    It could be a fuse? I use to have a 1500 ps Novelle. I remember once the repair guy saying something about a fuse but I could be wrong.

Mine is also the Nouvelle. I do believe it may be a fuse but I think I also have a bad light plug. I have gone through many bulbs thorough the years. Thank you so much for your input. This is my favorite machine. It is a great piecing machine and a perfect machine quilting machine!
    Old 09-12-2024, 06:38 AM
    Power Poster

I never changed the bulb in mine at all because it went out. I did buy the LED bulb for it when I found one.
    I liked mine. I kept losing the pin feed thing and never knew how it came out to get lost. After some years it started to freeze up. . Always had to replace the hook. So the last freeze up I retired it.
    Old 09-12-2024, 06:56 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I never changed the bulb in mine at all because it went out. I did buy the LED bulb for it when I found one.
    I liked mine. I kept losing the pin feed thing and never knew how it came out to get lost. After some years it started to freeze up. . Always had to replace the hook. So the last freeze up I retired it.
    Hope mine is an easy fix. I love this machine. I had a business machine quilting for others. I've put many miles on this machine. It has paid for itself many times over. I think it was only about $700.00 when I bought it. I think that was around 2002. Can't complain.
    Old 09-12-2024, 09:25 AM
    Power Poster

My new straight stitch is a Juki. It sews the same but like it much better because of the speed control. Also better tension and pressure controls I read that the Nouvelle is no longer made.
    Old 09-13-2024, 04:17 AM

errr...make sure the plug is completely plugged into the machine....uhm...don't ask me how I know....