Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • greetings and thank you (plus ... thoughts) >
  • greetings and thank you (plus ... thoughts)

• greetings and thank you (plus ... thoughts)

Old 01-17-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb
    Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! It sounds like you have some very large plans ahead of you. I for one can't begin to worry about the serious pile of UFO's I have here but I have 10 WIP's here to finish quilting this year. I know they will keep my busy. I am sure you will get a handle on some of your UFO's and there is a ton of encouragement from folks here. So jump right in and join the fun. Again Welcome to the QB!
    Oh, juliasb, don't tell me it's a lot or I'll get scared and quit! Lol, no, not really. Yes, I do have a big plans, and it sounds like you do, too. Best of luck and enjoy finishing those WIPs.

Originally Posted by leaha
    a warm welcome from my safe place here at home in Ky. I am trying to get back to my quilting, as a sister came up and well to say my house looks like it was hit by a storm is putting it mildly. So first I have to get every thing back in order. but I will do it, so for now happy quilting to you and all
    leaha, I've had some things going on, too — not counting 2020, which really complicated things, as it has for all of us — so I have am also dealing with a house out of control. Restoring order is hard work, but I appreciate small successes and keep going, knowing that the end result will be worth it. Let's both enjoy whatever sewing/quilting we get done in the meantime!

Originally Posted by Rhonda K
    Hello & welcome! So nice to have you jump right in with the rest of us. We learn together.

Good idea to prioritize the batting purchase first. I've heard there are runs on it too. My LQS did curbside last year and I bought 2 queen size packs. It was literally drive by and throw in the back window of my truck. I'm still using some scraps for little projects and haven't opened them yet.

I'm also trying to use stash fabrics and make the kits that I already have in the closet. Those fabric funds are going towards new tables for the sewing room.

Sadly, a fabric that I don't like now isn't going to ever belong on my favorites list. For sewing speed, there is a rhythm that I need to maintain or I mess up. It's usually under full throttle for me.
    You make some great points, Rhonda K. I have ordered batting, so that's a decision made, and I did buy plenty, lol. As for fabrics, I'm also shopping my stash, and checking out online stores that are recommended here on QB. It's always challenging finding fabrics to create the quilts we envision, isn't it? But that's a good problem to have, I think. I am thankful to have the resources to dedicate to this wonderful craft/art. Enjoy your full-throttle sewing! (I hope to get there one day. )
    Old 01-24-2021, 02:08 PM

Hi and welcome from Arizona.
    Old 01-24-2021, 03:10 PM

Welcome from Southern California -- even sunny today!
    Old 01-29-2021, 04:14 AM

Welcome! I like your sense of humor.