Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Hello from Minnesota >
  • Hello from Minnesota

• Hello from Minnesota

Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 AM

"Welcome" from another Minnesotan. glad you could join us, Where abouts are you located? I am from the Lindstrom area of Chisago county a little North East of the Twin Cities.
    Old 04-12-2010, 11:20 AM

I think I messed up the info I was sending, so here it is again; Kathy Pauser 215 17th Ave So, Cold Spring MN 56320-4700. email is [email protected]
    Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM

Hi, Minnesotan here I live in Rice just 10 mi. north of St. Cloud, I was in Texas visiting my mom in Feb. and she got me hooked on quilting!! They have a small group that meets at one persons home and they help in making someone's quilt, they hand out blocks for everyone to do, I could never imagine doing it all myself, I know I have a lot to learn but I really would love to make some beautiful things for my family and myself!
    Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 AM

Hello and welcome
    Old 04-14-2010, 01:10 PM

If you listen very carefully at the next chickadee you hear, it will say E-dee, E-dee. The chickadee is also called an Edie bird (thought up by my aunt a billion years ago. The chickadee is my favorite bird - my name is Edie. Welcome from another Viking!!!!! I decided one day to make a quilt. And it has been in my blood ever since. I just made a humungous error on a quilt I am making for the Komen Breast Cancer THree Day Walk here in St. Paul in August. So I am ripping and re-sewing. I guess maybe that is why I enjoy it, cuz I can correct it and make it look good. Besides I am waiting for a roofer to get here to give us an estimate on a new roof (ice damage this year). Raining here right now, but should be better tomorrow, besides we do need the rain, eh? Edie
    Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Hi and welcome from another Minnesotan. I live in the western burbs. You'll love this sight!
    Old 04-15-2010, 02:14 AM

Hey, have only lived here all my life. I get so upset when weather people say the western this or the southeastern quarter, etc. I don't know where that is. Where are your western burbs?????? Edie
    Old 04-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.
    Old 04-15-2010, 03:59 PM

West of the twin cities near Excelsior. I have a hard time with directions too! I know left and right, that's about how I give directions.
    Old 04-16-2010, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
    West of the twin cities near Excelsior. I have a hard time with directions too! I know left and right, that's about how I give directions.
    That's a Minnesotan for you!!!! My husband tells everyone I can't find my way out of the house - (four room house, not including the porch)!!!!!! You have the same weathermen and traffic announcers on tv as I do, so really, it isn't us!!!!!!

I remember so many people talking about going to Excelsior to the "Valley Fair" of yesteryear and I never got there - I haven't gotten to Valley Fair either yet. Maybe - no, I don't think so!
    Merry-go-round at the State Fair or the Old Mill! Is that still there? I love going to the State Fair. I love the Union area and get numbers and win prizes. I still want to win a footstool. I hope you know what I am talking about. You have to go to the fair - every hour, the different unions (carpenter, nurses, teachers, airlines, construction, pass out little number tickets and then every hour on the hour, they draw the tickets. It is fun. Won some darn good stuff there (including an American Flag that flew over the Capitol! Oh, I could go on and on. Anyhow, welcome again! Edie