Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Hi Everyone from Sunny FL >
  • Hi Everyone from Sunny FL

• Hi Everyone from Sunny FL

Old 04-04-2008, 01:21 PM

Elizabeth,

I am in south FL - welcome to the group!!

Reva
    Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM

What a great welcome! Thanks! I needed a little pick me up. :D

I'm up north of Pinellas, in Pasco and we don't have any good shops. Okay we have a pretty big Joann's, but as my mom puts it, we always seem to get a bad taste in our mouths when we visit there. I was there today and was thinking about looking at the sewing machine feet, but when they told me I needed to go to the "carpet part" I though oh no it's not worth that much to me (I tell you that lady wants to sell me on a high dollar machine!) No offense intended, I just don't have money like that growing on my trees! Heaven help me when my new Elna needs real service instead of just a cleaning.

amma hit the nail on the head with the comment about my dd cutting the cat's hair and not her own. I'm glad he is so well furred! If he had less she might run out and cut her own (we just had her first hair cut, so another would make me crazy, I think). Sunny is a Maine Coon Cat, which means he's -well to me beautiful, but rather long coated and a bit goofy. The breed is known for being super smart but Sunny Dear, has had some medical issues that he had over come as a very young kitten, and he's not the brightest bulb in the box (most cats would run away if a toddler approached with scissors don't you think?)

So when my project makes me crazy I have great people here to help me through! Wow, where have you all been? Yes, I know right here. ;)

I used to work in Tampa, and of course Dade City has the best u-pick strawberries in the world. ;)
    Old 04-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Howdy and a warm welcome from Texas. You will enjoy the board.
    Old 04-05-2008, 04:26 AM

Hello and welcome to the board!
    Old 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Hi Elizabeth...how nice to have you join our board. I think you'll love it here. Lots of very knowledgeable, friendly, ready to help people. I've learned soooooooo much. I love your Maine Coon baby.....it looks like he's lost an eye? Hope not but if so, I hope he's adjusted well. Animals are so resilient...lose a leg, run a race tomorrow. Lose and eye, jump off buildings leading with your good eye. We foster kitties and have had lots of 1 eyed babies, 3 legged ones, too. Welcome.
    Old 04-05-2008, 10:50 AM

Welcome, Elizabeth. My daughter cut her bangs once when she was 3 or 4. My son is 2, and he nipped off a bit on top last week with a pair of kids' safety scissors! I couldn't believe it when the hair really cut with those old, dull things! :shock: I guess they were better than I originally thought! LOL!!!!

Originally Posted by amma
    I guess it is better that she is cutting the cat's hair rather than her own
    That's what I was thinking!
    Old 04-05-2008, 12:32 PM

I'm certain we have an sign on the outside of our home visible only to animals, come here we will help you. My husband attracts them, like "cat velcro". I need a no vacancy sign painted over top! ;) My Sunny boy does only have one eye. He had two surgeries before he was a month old. As far as we know, he was never able to see out of the bad eye (upper respitory infection migrated into his eye and ruptured the lens). Lucky for him I have a really great vet, and lucky for me he knew he needed help and ventured out of his "nest" to be rescued.

The pressure of all that mess seems to have left Sunny a little brain damaged, but he gets along just fine. We love him. He just bumbles through life being loved everywhere he goes. Before we had our daughter we had Sunny - so childproofing was a breeze compared to the "Sunny proofing" we had to do.

Wow kids safety scissors... Yikes! In my case it was my husband's little thread cutting scissors.
    Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Welcome Elizabeth and we hope to hear from you often!

Sounds like your daughter and Sunny keep you busy. We hope you'll be able to get a hold of a camera one way or another so we can enjoy your works of art!
    Old 04-11-2008, 02:25 PM

Hi Elizabeth,
    I am a native born Floridian,Born in Wintergarden,Fl. Moved to A little town called CanalPoint,went to school in a little bigger town called Pahokee, in Palm Beach Co. I lived my whole live there. Raised 2 Daughters. In 2005 We moved to Georgia, Hurricane Jeanne took our home. We are now In a great small town called Lakeland. Its really funny, my inlaws all live
    in Lakeland Fl. Loved FL. got childhood friends there. LOVE GA. it is wonderful here. This is a great Forum. WELCOME!!!!!!!!
    Bonnie
    Old 04-12-2008, 06:13 AM

Welcome Elizabeth!! I love the cat stories:))And, your descriptions:))Maybe that would make a good personal quilt someday to applique him, scissors, etc. How cute!! We had a rooster that had a story too and we called him 'One Eyed Jack'..:)) Be sure to check out the chat in the evening...I try to sneak in when I can too:))Skeat