Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • HIYALL FROM CENTRAL MISSOURI >
  • HIYALL FROM CENTRAL MISSOURI

• HIYALL FROM CENTRAL MISSOURI

Old 09-21-2007, 09:20 PM

my name is cindy and i am pies memaw...pie is my granddaughter who just turned 2...my very first quilt i did last winter for my best friend and i was so very pleased with my self...just a basic 4 patch christmas lap quilt...no pattern and i had only sewn a pillow in middle school(im not gonna tell ya how long ago that was either...lol)

i live in central missouri...my hubby and i own our own business so i dont get much time to sew but i luv it soooo very much

i have lots of ufo's and take classes whenever i can

i luv to learn new things and i collect vintage blocks from the local flea markets and ebay of course

oh i also collect fabric and fq's

i hope to get in on the swaps this winter as soon as things slow down at work

i look forward to chatting with everyone too....i tend to just read posts and dont do much posting though

sew happy
    cindy :)
    Old 09-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Hello Cindy! I'm a long time lurker too lol! I dont know why I dont join in more.......the people on here are lovely and friendly.......perhaps its because they're much more experienced at quilting than me! But I've learned an awful lot by coming on here. :-)
    I'm from the UK and its very hard to find classes over here so I've had to learn all I know about quilting on line! (the lessons are free and very friendly) lol! See you all soon ....Karen
    Old 09-22-2007, 04:57 AM

Hello and Welcome. I am also from Central Missouri. I live in Knob Noster what town do you live in? We a are a very friendly and informative group that all share the same hobby. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We all just love to see pictures so if you have any pics to share please do. What type of business do you own? I also work full time and do not get to spend as much time quilting as I would like to. I just dream of the day when I can quit work and quilt all day. But that is a long ways off.
    Old 09-22-2007, 06:41 AM

Hi, Cindy, and welcome to the family! That's great about your quilt, I bet you did an excellent job! I'm guessing that is your granddaughter in your avatar? She is a cutie! Everyone here is so friendly and helpful. If you have any questions, comments or pictures, feel free to post them.
    Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
    Power Poster

Welcome to the board Cindy! The more the merrier here :D Please do join in on our chats, they are very informative and a lot of laughs too :D
    Old 09-22-2007, 03:53 PM

Welcome, welcome! No one should be afraid to join in, experience or none at all we all learn from one another! So you and Karenmay just get in here and share........there's no one around that won't help or ask for help. The joy of it all is that we love to share our quilting experience.

Happy Quilting,
    Sharon
    Old 09-22-2007, 08:29 PM

ccbear....im in sedalia....wow...talk about a small world......maybe we can get together soon.......hey there is a local shop hop that is coming up in october......did you know about it........pm me and i can give you more info on it...i have been saving up the money for the shop hop

hope to hear from you soon

thanks to all for the welcomes...... :mrgreen:
    Old 09-24-2007, 06:07 AM

Welcome from another Missouri quilter. I live in Savannah, glad to have you join us.
    Old 09-24-2007, 08:29 AM

hi there...i used to live in st joe...so i know savanah very well....born and raised in st joe....we moved to sedalia 7 yrs ago.....i have family in st still

nice to meet ya

cindy
    Old 09-24-2007, 09:12 AM
    lin

Hi and welcome piesmemaw! It's good to have you here. I'm not close, but not too far away in NW AR. Been near your neck of the woods though I guess, by going to the Springfield quilt show and Branson a few times. :)