Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • I was lost but found my way here >
  • I was lost but found my way here

• I was lost but found my way here

Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Welcome to the board and know that there are many, many prayers and good wishes going toward you and your wonderful daughter. You are both in my thoughts!!!
    Hopefully this site will bring you some comfort along with much friendship and comraderie.
    v/r
    Sharon
    Old 09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
    Power Poster

{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} for you, you daughter and the whole family. just take it one day at a time. You will find that your old normal is no more and now you will have a "new" normal , but that is ok. Just take it one day at a time. Right now you are still trying to adjust and everything is topsy turvy.

As for inspiration , you will find plenty here :lol: Kind words, thoughts and prayers are plentiful here also :thumbup:

Welcome aboard from Northern Indiana !

Sharon
    Old 09-01-2009, 11:35 PM

Welcome from Washington state. I am so sorry about your daughter. I am glad you found us and hopefully you will be able to start quilting again soon.
    Old 09-01-2009, 11:50 PM

Janice

I have just read about your daughter from your link & I am so saddened by what I read. I hope that the two thugs are held responsible for their actions. Thinking of you & your daughter & wishing her a speedy recovery.

Welcome here to our family as that's just what it is a HUGE family I love it here & you shall too.
    I saw you in chat last night (well it was night for me as I'm on the other side of the pond 5hrs ahead of you LOL) & you were having a few problems, please don't be put off it plays up to us all at sometime or another.
    So if you have any questions go ahead & ask as there is always someone here willing to help.
    See you in chat again maybe ????

Take Care - Tisha

Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 AM

HI JANICE
    As everybody else has said my prayers are with you an your daughter.An as forthe people in this chat room.they're great an love to share the love an compainship an like to inspire one an all to do sewing an help with any other needs.I've not been in here all that long but have found that everybody cares about everybody else.hope to here good news from you soon an hope to get you sewing soon with all our love.
    Old 09-02-2009, 07:12 AM
    Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I know you are going through a hard time right now. Quilting has helped me in hard times, and I hope it can help you also.
    Old 09-02-2009, 07:31 AM
    Power Poster

Janice, I pm'd you, and now just read your daughter's news story. I say news story, bc I know that is just part of what she, you and family and friends have been through.
    I don't understand so many things in this world, but I do understand, love, hugs, prayers, support and learning to understand that quilting brings all of these and so much more. you already know that, but, like Blue, so wisely said, maybe you can begin to find some solace in this again, by making something to put your feelings into.
    Making something for your daughter is a good place to start, and coming here, as you can already tell, is another.
    A diary is an excellent idea. You don't have to post any more often than you want to, whether it be, everyday, once a week, or once a month...etc.
    It will keep you more closely in touch with others here, and of course, your friends and family can read it, and it will give you an outlet, as you begin your own journey back. Quite often ppl suffer PTS from knowing about a tragic situation.
    This is an appalling story, and heartbreaking. I won't go further into that, but feeling some of your frustration and pain, as i know what it is like to be a victim of a crime and injured. Take back your joy, one step, one stitch at a time, and defeat the offenders, with the tools you were given.
    hugs, p's, coming your way. welcome, to the best board, I have ever been a member of. we're not perfect, but when we mess it up, we 'patch' it up, lol! :wink:
    Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM

I read the story. I am soo sorry.
    You have found a very supportive group of people here. I know you will feel right at home.
    Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana!

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter -- sending hugs/prayers your way :-)
    Old 09-02-2009, 12:56 PM

I am so so sorry to read about your daughter. She is a beautiful girl, and prayers are going up. I've been in a similar situation in that my son suffered a traumatic brain injury from a car accident. It took months of rehabilitation in a facility and then many months of out patient rehab. He now has double vision and cannot use his left arm very well. But he did make a miraculous recovery. I hope to hear the same for Joyce! Keep us posted and hopefully encouragement here and elsewhere will help you get back into quilting.