Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • I was lost but found my way here >
  • I was lost but found my way here

• I was lost but found my way here

Old 09-02-2009, 11:22 PM

I too am sorry to hear of such a horrible crime, I pray for her speedy recovery. Getting back to quilting can be really healing for you.
    Old 09-03-2009, 05:29 AM

Hello peach..Just wanted to say good morning and I hope there are many bright spots in your day today...and your beautiful girl too!
    Old 09-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Janice,So very sorry to hear about your daughter.I went to the web site and saw her picture .She is a beautiful girl with a lovely smile.I'm keeping her in my prayers and praying for you also.It hurts so much to see our children hurting.We just want to take all of their hurt onto ourselves and save them from any pain but that isn't possible so all we can do is keep going and pray they will be ok.Try to get back to sewing and maybe it will help you get through these bad times.When I look back at my quilts I realize that some I've sewen with happy threads some with sad but sewing those quilts has kept me sane no matter what life has throwen at me and I'm very thankful for having had something to take my mind off my problems even if only for a little while. My heart goes out to you and your daughter .Please keep us updated on her progress
    Old 09-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Oh, my gosh, what a horrible, random thing to have happen! Your daughter is so beautiful. I'm sure she has a strong spirit and will fight to come back. As for you, I understand why it's so hard to find pleasure in things. But if you enjoyed quilting before, you will again, and you'll know when the time is right. My suggestion is to start with a very small project, maybe something for your daughter. You would enjoy making it because it's for her, and I'm sure she would enjoy having it because her lovely mom made it! That's what's so great about quilting--it blesses both the giver and the receiver. My very best wishes to you both!
    Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 PM
    Power Poster

Just a thought but have you thought about English paper piecing ? When my brother was sick I did quite a bit of that. It was small and portable so I could take it to the hospital with me and work on it while we waited and it helped keep my hands busy , which helped keep my sanity. Just a suggestion.
    Sharon
    Old 09-06-2009, 09:37 PM

Please know that we will be thinking of you and Joyce as her recovery continues...and yours as well. You'll both need time, patience and perseverance to work your way back. I hope you can find the strength to take up a new quilting project that will help you along the path. May peace be with you.
    Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 AM

Hello Peach - How's it going? Working on a flannel quilt yet? I'd love to see if you've started something...Why not pick some fabrics and post them in the pictures...perhaps it will spark some creativity?

I hope you and Joyce are doing well on this labor day!!!
    Old 09-07-2009, 08:06 AM
    Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Hello Peach - How's it going? Working on a flannel quilt yet? I'd love to see if you've started something...Why not pick some fabrics and post them in the pictures...perhaps it will spark some creativity?

I hope you and Joyce are doing well on this labor day!!!
    I just ordered fleece and more flannel for Joyce's quilt however before I work on that I have been working on her fleece blankets. I still don't think I would really be working on anything if it wasn't that she needed it. I would LOVE to post pictures but I don't know how to post them. Yesterday I bought a few historical quilting books on e-bay that I have wanted, maybe if I come here often enough and read them I will get back into the swing of things.
    Have a good day
    Old 09-07-2009, 08:14 AM

Hello Janice,
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I have 18 and 22 year sons and I can't imagine how I would deal with that. I hope she is doing better now.
    Maybe you should just try to make a special quilt for your daughter. Something happy. Something colorful and cheery.
    Btw... Im in Ohio too.
    Judy in Ohio
    Old 02-02-2010, 07:19 PM

Trupeach, I just found the story on your daughter, I am soo sorry. May God be with your daughter in her recovery. Prayers for all your family.
    Ann