Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Introducing myself >
  • Introducing myself

• Introducing myself

Old 11-03-2009, 07:15 AM

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! I drive through Iowa on my way to northern Minnesota! Pretty area!
    Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 AM

Good Morning everyone. My name is Wanda Whitten and I am new to this and how it works. I am also new to quilting. I am 63 years old and have brain cancer. I was looking for something to keep me busy and keep my mind off of the cancer. I selected quilting. :) Okay...I'm now addicted to it!!! I am working on my first quilt top (a log cabin ) I don't know much about the quilting part. I would love to have a quilting machine, but, can't afford one. I search for patterns all of the time. I am currently looking for the pattern and instructions for the Dutch Star block. :)
    Nice to meet all of you. :D

Wanda
    Old 11-03-2009, 09:41 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California
    Old 11-03-2009, 10:34 AM

Welcome from Idaho! What type of quilting are you into? Do you like to hand quilt, hand applique, do round robins, or make bed quilts? Are you a traditional type of quilter or are you one of those innovative gals who can turn anything into an amazing work of art?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    My niece lives in West Burlington Iowa...anywhere near you? Rhonda, one of our very active board gals (and recently published a new ebook here!!) lives In Iowa, although offhand I can't remember where. I think we have a number of quilters from Iowa, don't we???
    Yes we do. I want to say welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you with us.
    Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 PM

I like to hand quilt because it is so relaxing . :roll: I do some machine quilting on my machine (very little). I have made many bed quilts and some smaller project. I like making different tote bags. Yes, I am a traditional quilter but I have made a few quilts from my own ideas. Thanks for asking. Right now I'm looking for a Bargello pattern, it will be my first. Kathy :lol:
    Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by wandawhitten
    Good Morning everyone. My name is Wanda Whitten and I am new to this and how it works. I am also new to quilting. I am 63 years old and have brain cancer. I was looking for something to keep me busy and keep my mind off of the cancer. I selected quilting. :) Okay...I'm now addicted to it!!! I am working on my first quilt top (a log cabin ) I don't know much about the quilting part. I would love to have a quilting machine, but, can't afford one. I search for patterns all of the time. I am currently looking for the pattern and instructions for the Dutch Star block. :)
    Nice to meet all of you. :D ~Wanda
    Wow, it certainly sounds as if you are dealing with a difficult issue. My uncle has had several brain tumors and the doc said there is no more operating on him if it returns, so I can understand your position from somewhat close up, though I can't imagine what you must be dealing with. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am thrilled you have discovered quilting. It is very addictive, as well as being a great creative outlet and relaxing to boot. :D I don't recognize the Dutch Star block but I imagine someone else here will. If not, my suggestion would be to Google it. And welcome to our little slice of quilted heaven!

Originally Posted by kkgliss
    I like to hand quilt because it is so relaxing . :roll: I do some machine quilting on my machine (very little). I have made many bed quilts and some smaller project. I like making different tote bags. Yes, I am a traditional quilter but I have made a few quilts from my own ideas. Thanks for asking. Right now I'm looking for a Bargello pattern, it will be my first. Kathy :lol:
    It sounds like we have similar likes. I love to hand quilt and if I'm watching tv upstairs with my hubby (my quilt room is in basement), I have either hand applique or hand quilting I'm doing at the same time. Drives hubby batty since he says I need to actually watch the tv, but I can pick up almost everything I need from listening. :wink: I really need to learn to make tote bags, as well as some purses and a lunch pail for my grandson. I'll have to add that to my 'Quilting Resolutions' for the coming year. (Quilting Resolutions are so much better than the traditional New Year's Resolutions!) Several of the ladies on this site make them and I've become quite inspired to get off my duckus and learn.

I'm glad you found this little corner of the Internet. The people here are wonderful, very friendly, and very inspirational! I think you will fit right in. :D
    Old 11-04-2009, 01:57 PM

Welcome from northern Minnesota.
    Old 11-04-2009, 02:00 PM

Welcome from Minnesota to Kathleen from Iowa and to Wanda. Where are you from Wanda?
    Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM

Welcome from a Scot living in Spain.

Elle