Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • janome sewing machine >
  • janome sewing machine

• janome sewing machine

Old 09-12-2008, 07:59 PM

Another Janome machine owner. LOVE it! I've owned an older one for years and recently bought the 6600 which sews better than I do. And yes, it sews through thick stuff - I've tested out the backpack stitch on multiple layers of strapping. It just sews like it's silk, then goes back to quilting like it never left. I machine quilt with it, too.
    Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 AM

b.zang...I ditto it all!!:))I always say it sews like butter:))Love mine too!
    And, any man that shows up w/ a Janome instead of a boquet of flowers...is one smart character!!:))Skeat
    Old 09-13-2008, 01:12 PM

I love mine too,it is a 9000,but it quite on me,I took it in they said the motor was burnt up. I was so disapointed.I didn't have it fixed because I wanted to trade for the next one up,but just can't affoard it now.May just have to make payments on one. Mine is the one that has to have a box inorder to get all the embrodary,that box cost $700 but now all that is outdated,and comes built in to the newer ones. So I plan to just wait until I can trade it in instead of getting it reparied. Any way,thats the plan

Pat
    Old 09-17-2008, 06:36 AM

I have a Memory Craft 8000 made by Janome that I bought about 18 years ago. It is a work horse and like someone else said, "it sews better than I do!" The only thing I've done service-wise is have it cleaned and whatever they do when you take it in for a check up and I had to replace the light bulb (spendy little puppy) and the bobbin winder died so I purchased another one (equally spendy little puppy) which didn't last too long before it gave up. Not complaining here! I love this machine and I bought a $29 Side Winder to fill bobbins and I'm happy as a clam with that, too. I'd love to have the new Janome 11000 but that might have to wait about a hundred years or so until my MC8000 dies and I don't want it to go anytime soon.

I also have a Brother XR-65t which I use for quilt classes. I LOVE IT! Someone else on this thread said they had one, too that they liked. I don't think that model is available anymore but a friend of mine bought the next generation of the Brother and loves it. Don't know the model number on my friends.

Forgot my manners...welcome to the board! I know I'm very late with my welcome but just found this thread this morning. You'll learn lots here.
    Old 09-17-2008, 02:04 PM

I have a janome 9000 I too just loved it,it sews so quite. I can't understand why the motor went out all ready. Unless like cars some are just lemons. Or I do blame my self for using it on the flanal rag quilts. Maybe I didn't clean it often enough. I never really got to use it much for embrodary because I couldn't affoard the $700 box that was needed for it. I miss using it so much,but I didn't get it fixed because I want to trade it in for the next one up I saw one on ebay for 1,400 but I don't know if that is with warrenty or not.
    Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 PM

Patty..are you sure it isn't something simple to fix??I've only heard once from a friend that hers quit on her and she took it in and she didn't have any oil. She uses it as a long arm even though it isn't and prob machine quilts 3-7 quilts a week on it. Once she had it serviced and oiled...it's been back on track again:))
    Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM

Welcome from VA. Congrats on your new machine.
    Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 AM

Yes I took it in they said it was the motor,I also had to get a new bobbin case. I loved that mach.
    Old 09-20-2008, 08:19 AM

You are all such a wealth of info--what a great board this is!
    Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 AM

I have a Janome 6600 and LOVE IT!!!!!!! I used several different machines, and this wins "hands down"!!!!!!!!!!