• Introduce Yourself
  • Joining from PA >
  • Joining from PA

• Joining from PA

Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Welcome ez!
    Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Hi,
    Thanks for the compliment. Quilting or even the attempt of it is my way of staying sane in this insane world. I feel that by doing it for "free" and giving to the parents, it's a way of giving them a part of my creativity. I don't know- now I have my friends asking me to make their family members quilts for special occassions. Right now I have a dark blue teddy bear and toile one for my best friend's nephew's birthday. It's April 4th- I told her I can't promise it will be done on that exact date. I see everybody has pics but I am computer illiterate for the most part. I have pics on my computer- I will just have to figure out how to post it or ask the husband when we're working together one of these nights. :wink:
    Old 03-25-2008, 03:23 PM

ez, did you see this thread? Someone was asking about quilt shops/tours in PA. You may have some in your area to share.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/5569.page
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:14 PM

Hey,
    Nope, didn't see the thread. I haven't been alone long enough to really investiagte the quilt site. I did, however, ask my husband to show me how to send or whatever a pic so for those of you that asked... this is the creepy crawly quilt I did for my stepson Hunter.

Picture of Quilt
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7615[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-7615.jpe  
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:18 PM

Welcome!
    Cute quilt!
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:26 PM

I forgot- where I live-B.F.E.- there are like no quilt shops that I have found but one in Johnstown, Pa. Never been in it though. The big fabric places around here are Walmart, which by the way, I heard a rumor that they are phasing out their fabric section, which I totally cannot believe! And the other is JoAnn's. I just ordered off of JoAnn.com some templates (the Dresden ruler w/ a creaser!), some kind of "Easy Eights" and a thing to make scalloped edges, whcih I can't wait to try out. That and a bunch of labels- boy, were they cheap. Free shipping- I thought it was a great thing- Tony just shook his head and said, "More fabric stuff..." :(
    I cut out the teddy bear stuff last night. I have the "See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil" Bears in denim as a border with a yellow moon and blue stars to put at each end and a giant nine patch for the toille teddy bear fabric w/ periwinkle blue to pair it with. I hope it will go together as easy as it cut out. Anybody shop the online quilt shops? I have only been to [www.cottoncapersquiltshop.com] I went onto the giant board where the diffferent ones are listed but couldn't believe the ungodly prices they wanted. I got some unique fabric on cotton capers, but it too, was very pricey. I will have to find some more pics of some recent quilts and find a way to put them on in a smaller size... :? Til then...
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:32 PM

:) Thank you so very much! My hubby is the one who helps me with the hard stuff, technical stuff, too. He says he's glad I have met people that talk fabric like I do... Imagine that, no FA for me! 8)
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 PM

A lot of the Walmarts are getting rid of their fabric. When I was visiting the in-laws, the Walmart there was selling off the fabric for cheap! I walked in and just started pulling bolts. The most expensive was $4.00/yard. Since I didn't have room in my suitcase, I ended up mailing it to myself. The funny thing was...had hubby with me and he just stood there asking, Do you like this color? I do. Buy some! This would make a pretty quilt. Can you make me one in these colors?
    OMG! It was too funny! He hates going fabric shopping with me!
    Old 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM

That is too funny! I try to stop at all the WalMarts I come across- we travel to pick up kids in Eastern Pa and the opposite Western Pa and I have found some neat, cheap stuff too. I have to live by the standard though- if you can see through it, it's better left on the shelf. I love the clearance bins in there. I take my hubby,too. He HATES it when I say "Let's stop at JoAnn's!"- but he goes with me anyways. The quilt I made him - he had no idea I had been collecting the fabric for about 2 years until I finally made it. I'll have to see if I can get him to take a pic of it and load it on here for me. :) :) :)
    Old 03-27-2008, 01:11 PM

I bet Hunter just loves his creepy crawly quilt!! Very cute!