this is me

Old 08-25-2010, 02:58 AM

Welcome from St. Paul, Minnesota. Hey, I know where you are coming from - Lousy rotten winter and hope we don't have the same this year. Summer has been so dry or so wet. We got flooded in our basement three times this summer, two in one week.

We went to Iowa in June. We renewed our marriage vows at the Little Brown Church in the Vale on June 11, then went down to see my husband's aunt in the Amana Colonies. We got to see her one last time because she died 1-1/2 weeks later. She would have been 99 years old tomorrow. The farm land was so lush in Iowa. We saw those wind thingies. They are awesome to watch. It's like they turn in unison and it is so calming to watch. Anyhow, we stopped at the Heritage Quilt Shop in Amana and came home loaded down with fabric. Love that place.

Well, welcome to the Board. Edie
Old 08-25-2010, 05:13 AM

welcome
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM

love that quilt shop!!! We live only a couple miles from a row of wind turbines and they have red lights that blink on and off at night so it's like Christmas year round here!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 AM

Welcome from Missouri. And I am a boring person (unless I can talk about quilting!)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM

Welcome! from another central Iowan.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by quilterscorner
love that quilt shop!!! We live only a couple miles from a row of wind turbines and they have red lights that blink on and off at night so it's like Christmas year round here!!!
Yes it is a fabulous shop. My husband's family is from Middle Amana. Love it down there. I envy you the red lights blinking. I bet that is gorgeous in the winter when the snow is falling. Hey, that could be a block "Iowa Wind Turbine". "Weathervane". a design block, in grey and a white background with red dots! JUst a thought! Good idea for a memory quilt of Iowa. Edie
Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by quilterscorner
Yes it is a fabulous shop. My husband's family is from Middle Amana. Love it down there. I envy you the red lights blinking. I bet that is gorgeous in the winter when the snow is falling. Hey, that could be a block "Iowa Wind Turbine". "Weathervane". a design block, in grey and a white background with red dots! JUst a thought! Good idea for a memory quilt of Iowa. Edie
What a fabulous idea! Careful so someone doesn't steal it--like me! lol
Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 PM

Welcome from Arizona!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Greetings from South Carolina
Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 PM

Welcome from Central New York!!