Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • new to this board >
  • new to this board

• new to this board

Old 11-23-2007, 08:05 AM

To Blue Bell,
    Nice to meet another quilter from RI. I'm sure I don't know you because I don't belong to any quilting guild or group. That's something I'd like to do in the future when I have more time. What group do you belong to? And what shops do you patronize or recommend?
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Cheryl
    Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Hello Cheryl,
    I belong to Narragansett Bay Quilters and we will be having a quilt show in April, school vacation week. With Fabric Place closing, there aren't very many stores to shop at, close by. Folk Art in Wakefield is great and I also go to Quilts & More in Charlestown. I hope to take the Cotton Theory lesson on Dec. 2 or 3rd. It is either on Sat. or Sun. I will have to check on the date. A favorite store of mine is The Quilted Crow in Boxborough, MA. It is a small shop but as the saying goes, less is more.
    In what part of RI do you live? What kind of quilts do you like to make? Maybe we can get together, after the holidays.
    Talk to you soon,
    Ellie
    Old 11-23-2007, 06:48 PM

Dear Ellie,
    I live in the east bay and shop sometimes at a small place in swansea. Also, I do shop in rehoboth at Lorraines. A few nice things there. Once in awhile I go to NH to keepsake quilting. Mostly I shop on ebay and have a few good shops I patronize regularly. I've heard there is a good one in bristol but haven't gone yet. The show in April sounds nice. Maybe I'll be able to go. As far as type of quilts, I usually do the traditional patterns with my own variations and colors. I've done a broken star amish style with black as the background. It's very hard to quilt on black- you can't see anything. But it turned out stunning. I end up giving my quilts away to close friends and some family. How about you?
    Cheryl
    Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Hi Cheryl,
    Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Was getting ready for thanksgiving.
    I don't get over to the East Bay very often but I did get to go to Quilters Arc a couple of months ago. Is that where you go? Didn't know that there was a quilt store in Rehoboth. I have been up to Keepsake, as well. I like Tumbleweeds on the Cape. It is lots closer and they have lots, as well.
    I have bought a lot of fabrics from The Fabric Place which is closing this Friday. I bought some at 75 and 80% off. All I seem to be doing is addiing to my stash. If you get a chance, run over to the Fabric Place in Warwick before Friday.
    I like traditional quilts and scrap quilts. Have made several Thimbleberrie quilts. But now, I would like to do some quilts by Jan Patek.
    Hope that you are enjoying the good weather.
    Happy quilting,
    Ellie