Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • new to this site >
  • new to this site

• new to this site

Old 08-09-2007, 04:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the costumes. I love doing them and quilting. It allows me to vent my creative urges! :D

ShellyQ, I planned our trip to include New Zealand, Tasmania, Australia and possibly a little bit of recuperating in Fiji. That is, if I haven't spent it all on fabric. In New Zealand : Christchurch, Greymouth, Hokitika, Kaikoura, Picton, Wellington, Rotorua, Paihia, Auckland, and then off to Tasmania & Australia. You mentioned Kiwiana Designs. What does that look like & where could I get some while there?

Hi ButtercreamCakeArtist and lin. We had planned the kids to be 2 years apart, but it didn't work that way. I was told I came from a long line of "Fertile Myrtles." My Dad was the oldest of 11 & my Mom was #8 out of 14. It was fun and after you have 2, one or 2 more don't really make that much difference. You're in the flow and it's loads of fun. It did get pretty hectic, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Enjoy your little ones.

Do I have to start a new subject in order to show you some of the quilts I've done?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
    lin

Originally Posted by Mamapeach417
    Do I have to start a new subject in order to show you some of the quilts I've done?
    You can post them here or you can go over to the "Picture" forum and post all you want. :) We love seeing other members' work!!
    Old 08-09-2007, 08:51 PM

Have you gotten any further with your search for the pattern for the quilt you are wanting to make?

I joined this site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Patternsearchandswap/ there are only a few members, but they seem to have be able to find things. It's worth a shot anyway.
    Old 08-10-2007, 12:03 AM

Hi, Here are some links to some Nz fabric sites that you might find useful.
    http://www.kiwiquilts.co.nz/index.php
    http://www.cushlasvillagefabrics.co.nz/
    http://www.shelleyshand-dyedfabric.co.nz/home-page-xidc18200.html
    http://www.grandmothersgarden.co.nz/page/grand_5.php
    I have no affiliation to any of these except as a customer

If you get a chance, check out the Waitomo Caves located between Rotorua and Hamilton, well worth a look see, I'll never forget my visit there :P
    Old 08-10-2007, 11:34 AM

Thanks Cynde & ShellyQ. I'll try those sites.
    Old 08-10-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mamapeach417
    Hi ButtercreamCakeArtist and lin. We had planned the kids to be 2 years apart, but it didn't work that way. I was told I came from a long line of "Fertile Myrtles." My Dad was the oldest of 11 & my Mom was #8 out of 14. It was fun and after you have 2, one or 2 more don't really make that much difference. You're in the flow and it's loads of fun. It did get pretty hectic, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Enjoy your little ones.

I totally understand what you mean about having 2. I've thought the same thing about how having more couldn't get any more difficult. Just as well keep going!
    My Dad is the oldest of 8
    My Mom is the baby girl (just one boy after her) of 11
    My Mom's Aunt (her mom's sister) married Mom's Uncle (her Dad's Brother), and they had 13 children, all double-first cousins. They all lived close to eachother growing up, too!

I'm having mixed feelings about more babies. It scares me sometimes to think of having another bc it is already a hard job...BUT...I can't say I don't want another one!
    I'm on some medicines that I cannot take during a pregnancy, so we have to be very careful. I think I need to figure out what I really want and do something about it.

Right now, the baby has all the cushions off the couch and thrown in the floor...and jumping on the couch...The little girl finally is interested in TV, but she is TOO interested in it. She would watch it all day, if I'd let her. I know I let her watch it too much sometimes, just so I can get something done!

They don't play well together, usually. Baby is 2, and doesn't play very well with his big sister, yet. Sometimes he does, but he likes to pull hair a lot and snatch toys. DD gets upset easily, and it all goes around again! LOL!

It's "the life", though. I wouldn't trade them for anything or have them any other way! They sure liven up a place. Never a dull moment. Lots of action!
    Old 08-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Hi Mamapeach: :lol: :lol:

I saw your message inquiring about the Web Star pattern. I have a copy of the Quick & Easy Quilting Oct/Nov 2002, but this pattern is not in it. I also checked out my other 2002 copies, but no pattern called Web Star. :cry:
    Is it possible that you have the wrong magazine or issue? :?

Marilyn Philips