• Newbie from Down Under >
  • Newbie from Down Under

• Newbie from Down Under

Old 09-03-2011, 09:24 PM

Welcome from Indiana!
    Old 09-03-2011, 09:29 PM

Hello..welcome from Arizona !!
    Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Hello! I just now joined, also! Am trying to figure out how "boards" work, lol! I should be sewing right now, but wanted to see what is happening in the world, with quilting. My mother in law was born in Adelaide, Australia, so my boys are part australian,(sadly, she died yrs. ago--she moved to us in the 50s, with her american husband, a merchant marine) and I love the Australian quilting magazines! I found some at a yard sale, and bought the whole lot and browse through them all the time. So I will try to be here as often as I can. I started with a table runner, but it puckered in the back when I tried to quilt it with the 'stitch-in-the-ditch' method, lol. I will never forget it, just a few yrs ago, but have been sewing clothes all my life--well--since age 9. Mom was a tailor, taught me. Quilting is so fun and 'zen'! And the people you meet are amazing! WELCOME, even if I am very new, lol..pen
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Hi Welldone I am also trying to figure out how the board works LOL. A friend of mine got me started with quilting, she is also the same one who introduced me to this forum today, last week she gave me a stack of quilting magazines that I have been looking at until I am totally confused LOL - My table runner turned out ok - if you don't look too closely at the satin stitch around the applique LOL, my stitch-in-the-ditch only needed a little unpicking in areas but other than that it turned out ok - my mother was also a dress maker & taught me to sew but she never did quilting! Anyway WELCOME to you also!!!!
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM

I joined this board last year on my birthday in November. I can't begin to tell you how much help I have gotten and how much I have learned here. Everyone is so nice and willing to take care of each other. Two of the best things I have learned are to use the search option here and to use YouTube for videos. I'm glad you joined because this is the place for what you need to know about quilting. It's great with Inspiration and encouragement, too. :)
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jenelle
    Hi I'm new to quilting, I've just made my first table runner, looks great without your glasses LOL. I have just joined this quilting board as I need lots of inspiration & help.
    I'm hoping that you girls will be my guardian angles & give me lots of wonderful ideas & suggestions - please use simple terminology as I am just a learner country bumpkin LOL!!!

<3
    Hi Jenelle - how are you? I am a newbie from australia too! This is a great board - they are more than eager to help with any questions! Its a great community!
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 PM

Hi beebs - Thankyou so much! I am in WA - I have heard nothing but great things about this board & I'm just hoping that everyone will be patient with me if I ask some really basic questions because even though I can sew & have been for a long time I've only just started quilting! LOL So please people be patient with me!!! Thanks
    Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM

HI Jenelle
    I am new to quilting too, and this place is a great resource. The thread search function is fantastic - and people here are so willing to share their knowledge and wisdom.
    Cheers
    Rainy
    Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Hi Jenelle, Welcome from colorado. I am also new to the quilting board and have found everyone to be very friendly and to have so much inspiration to offer. Enjoy!
    Old 09-04-2011, 12:07 AM

Hi and welcome from Alaska!