Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • not new at quilting but new at this >
  • not new at quilting but new at this

• not new at quilting but new at this

Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
    dsj

I was in Denver a few weeks ago, very nice. I never found quilting stores but went to Estes Park, Pikes Peak City of the Gods. Had a great time in your beautiful state
    Old 12-05-2009, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
    I am so far behind in the digital world of cameras and computers, probably because I spend all of my time hand quilting, pictures are a challenge to me. I have been banned from the family camera because I am a horrible photographer and no one ever has a head for some reason. It's quite sad and all videos that I film looks like we are in an earthquake. I need lessons in photography.
    Welcome from South Louisiana. We could start our own club. I'm terrible with technology. I had finally learned to send pictures from my camera, then with the new computer, I'm at zero again. One thing that I have learned about the computer and the Quilting Board is that I can't quilt while I'm at the computer. :roll: And that's a shame. I will never learn all there is to learn about navigating the board. {{sigh}} So much to do and so little time. :lol:
    Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 AM
    Banned

Welcome from Washington. Glad you joined us :-D
    Old 12-05-2009, 08:31 AM

Me too! I've had the computer less than two years, and I'm still not able to put pictures on. I'd rather be quilting anyway...........I REALLY like this board, tho. Everyone is soooo nice. I was on another board out of Salem, Oregon, and a lot of the women were pretty snippy and hateful. It was a board for new mothers; not that I'm a new mother, but it's a lot different now than when I had my first child, and I thought there would be some helpful info for raising kids in this century, and I could give some, too, because of raising kids in the last century. ...didn't work out that way.
    But quilters are a different breed; they are all nice!! And new or not, we can all learn from each other. Thanks, gals, for all the good reading.

YTQ
    Old 12-06-2009, 03:14 PM
    Power Poster

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa.
    Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 AM
    dsj

That is exactly what I think too! I thought I was the only one. Believe it or not I am a typist and typed so many reports on these crazy machines when I quit my job I said no more computers for me! I get completely stressed out with the thought of it. I do have to admit this is fun meeting all of you. Twitting doesn]t sound bad but could get out of hand easily, This is all I can handle. Nice to meet you. Merry Christmas from Tennessee.

dsj
    Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 AM
    dsj

I am so new at this but am enjoying meeting the quilting world.My there are lots of talented ladies and men out there. The pictures are wonderful. It's nice to meet you. Merry Christmas from Tennessee.

dsj
    Old 12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
    dsj

I noticed that my location says "in hiding" I'm not really, just missed that somehow when signing up. So, Merry Christmas to everyone from me who knows nothing about how to work these sites and lives in Tennessee. I hope y'all have a fun and happy holiday season.

dsj
    Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 AM
    dsj

I'm not really "in hiding" like my location says, it's just somehow I missed that part signing up, that explains my skill at this. My skills at this really need to improve but if I spend all that time it's going to take to learn this that means little time for you-know-what (quilting of course) and laundry, dusting, grocery shopping, running children mine and others all over Tennessee, dinner, running and workouts. You are exactly right there is not enough hours in the day to do what I love most QUILTING OF COURSE!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

dsj from Tennessee
    Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
    dsj

By the way everyone, I'm not really "in hiding" like my location says, due to my lack of skill with these sites I missed that part signing up. So, Merry Christmas to y'all from Tennessee.

dsj