Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Kentucky (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-kentucky-t310008.html)

granky 03-04-2020 04:05 PM

Welcome Ann from Northern Kentucky from granky in Southern Indiana! If you're in the Louisville area, I'm just across the river from you. Of course, there is a lot of north in Northern Kentucky! Regardless, you will love the board! There are a bunch of grandmas willing to share their knowledge...glad you joined us!

Ann from KY 03-04-2020 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8366306)
Hello Ann! Kentucky is a beautiful state! Glad to have you join us...

So will you be going to the AQS show in Paducah in April? If you are just getting into quilting, it will really give you a 'shot in the arm'! I am going and have signed up for one class. Can't wait!

I have heard abaout the AQS show in Paducah, but honestly didn't know when it was. I doubt I can pull it off this year since my son is getting married in May 2020. Lots of extra expenses!

Ann from KY 03-04-2020 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by granky (Post 8366335)
Welcome Ann from Northern Kentucky from granky in Southern Indiana! If you're in the Louisville area, I'm just across the river from you. Of course, there is a lot of north in Northern Kentucky! Regardless, you will love the board! There are a bunch of grandmas willing to share their knowledge...glad you joined us!

Thanks! I am south of Cincinnati, OH. We have come to Louisville lots for the kids 4H stuff at the Kentucky State Expo Center. Also, there is a wonderful sewing machine and fabric store named Austin's in Louisville, KY that I like to stop at when I am in the area!

Pam S 03-06-2020 05:06 AM

Welcome from your neighbor in NKy! Trying to figure out if you're someone I know.

granky 03-06-2020 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ann from KY (Post 8366389)
Thanks! I am south of Cincinnati, OH. We have come to Louisville lots for the kids 4H stuff at the Kentucky State Expo Center. Also, there is a wonderful sewing machine and fabric store named Austin's in Louisville, KY that I like to stop at when I am in the area!

I agree, Austin's is a great store...not only for fabric though. They have a wonderful line of sewing and quilting machines, and their customer service is super!

Thumbelina 03-06-2020 05:30 PM

Hi Ann and welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

Ann from KY 03-06-2020 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Thumbelina (Post 8366890)
Hi Ann and welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

Thank you! So glad I found the forum!

northerncreations 03-07-2020 04:26 AM

Welcome from Central Florida...you're gonna love all the knowledge and talent you will find here. I don't post much but have certainly learned a lot and enjoy reading all the posts.

MrsWiggs 03-15-2020 10:31 AM

Hi, Ann. I’m from Northern Kentucky To, Boone county. I’ve been Quilting seriously for about 10 years. I belong to 2 quilt groups in the area. Our “Quilter’s Day Out” show in Boone county was just canceled because of the corona virus scare.

goldsberry921 03-15-2020 12:14 PM

Welcome from Central Texas Ann! Congrats on your son's upcoming marriage. There's a vast knowledge and kindness on this forum. Happy Quilting!!!