Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New from Dunlap, Tn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-dunlap-tn-t93406.html)

cla8655 01-25-2011 07:00 PM

no, who is Ditter?

diane Sneed 01-25-2011 09:03 PM

Welcome! I hope you enjoy quilting. I love it! I just moved from Tennessee to Dallas, Tx. We have many quilt shops here and I have had fun shopping. I think you will like Tennessee and also you will get lots of help on this board.

KSue 01-25-2011 11:00 PM

Welcome from Henderson, NV

moosegirl 01-26-2011 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cla8655
what is the swaps? there many words here that I dont know

Swaps are exchanges setup on a regular basis-go to Home and select the Swaps section. Look thru the different projects and signup for whatever interests you. I do the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap and a once a month Block exchange -the first page explains the guidelines and you can private message the promoter of the swap for more information. Moosegirl

cla8655 01-26-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by moosegirl

Originally Posted by cla8655
what is the swaps? there many words here that I dont know

Swaps are exchanges setup on a regular basis-go to Home and select the Swaps section. Look thru the different projects and signup for whatever interests you. I do the Monthly Doll Quilt Swap and a once a month Block exchange -the first page explains the guidelines and you can private message the promoter of the swap for more information. Moosegirl

Thank you so much, I bet it is fun to do. I will have a look later

skitter 01-26-2011 01:12 PM

Hello new from Dunlap, your post caught my eye because my husbands family is from Dunlap, TN. Most of them now live on Signal Mountain, TN near by. You think you are new but I am newer than you. I haven't actually made a quilt yet but hopefully soon. I am soon to move to Oxford, NY where my daughter lives. She quilts and promises that she will teach me all she knows. I have been sewing since I was about 12 and I am now 50 so hopefully I can catch on quickly. Anway, glad to have you in family.

cla8655 01-26-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by skitter
Hello new from Dunlap, your post caught my eye because my husbands family is from Dunlap, TN. Most of them now live on Signal Mountain, TN near by. You think you are new but I am newer than you. I haven't actually made a quilt yet but hopefully soon. I am soon to move to Oxford, NY where my daughter lives. She quilts and promises that she will teach me all she knows. I have been sewing since I was about 12 and I am now 50 so hopefully I can catch on quickly. Anway, glad to have you in family.

That is great, Do what I did get a simple pattern and start with that, wish you the best of luck

Tennessee Suzi 01-26-2011 06:22 PM

Hello from Crossville!

beksclen 01-27-2011 05:49 AM

Hey, so there's another Crossvillian on here too.

DebsShelties 01-27-2011 05:49 AM

Welcome from Virginia